Now you can Instantly Chat with Douglas!
Infrastructure Engineer with RedHat/CentOS,OracleLinux, Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, VMware Engineering and Administration experience deploying servers, virtualization and automation with Puppet and Ansible. Skilled with administration of many middleware,...
How might I help overcome the challenges that your company faces, and improve the way it does business?Show More
Networking & Security
Data & Analytics
- Managed hosting services through a third party vendor. Planned, sized, coordinated, managed and completed a data center virtualization/migration from Solaris to Linux on an ESX/Vsphere cluster, intrusion detection, process automation, and monitoring, upgraded WebSphere 6 to 8 in newly built clusters.
- Automation employed with Python, Ruby, Shell scripts using Ansible for apps and puppet for OS.
- Compiled and deployed Apache 2.2, with custom modules, PHP, and hardened against Poodle, Heartbleed, Logjam, DROWN, and other vulnerabilities.
- Implemented SSO through AD/LDAP authentication and WebSphere web services connectivity.
- Obtained and implemented SSL certs on F5 Load balancers and within Apache and WebSphere.
- IBM Content Manager, NFS, and RSYNC were deployed to automate content updates.
Apps deployed using Java, PERL, Vsftp, IIS, rsync, NFS, Shell Scripts, SSH, PGP, HTML, SOLR and Tomcat 5 & 8 in clusters, Hybris, WebMethods 9.5, SFTP, AS2, FTPS, LDAP, WebDAV, SAP portal, Oracle EM, NetIQ, RSM, HPSM, F5 LTM, Checkpoint to Cisco ASA for a Healthcare Client.Show More Show Less
SkillsRsync Python Shell Scripting Ansible SSH HTML Apache Solr Apache Tomcat Hybris SFTP LDAP SAP Portal Linux Ruby Solaris PHP 4 IBM WebSphere IBM Message Queue - (IBM MQ) Apache2 Puppet Administration Perl Public Key Infrastructure - (PKI) F5 Big-IP Checkpoint NFS/Storage Administration PostgreSQL PostgreSQL Replication
Implemented IPAM, DNS, AD, DHCP Management changes
Implemented IPAM, DNS, AD, DHCP Management changes using Infoblox, PERL, Shell Scripting, Process Automation, HP Service Manager, MS Project, project facilitation. Integrated cross-functional teams in multiple locations, for server virtualization, data center migrations and cloud services. Interfaced directly with NOC, mainframe, Unix, middleware, infrastructure, application developers, architects, Business Managers, load balancing, firewall, and security teamsShow More Show Less
SkillsDHCP Unix Perl Shell Scripting Cloud Security Framework Middleware Services Linux InfoBlox F5 Big-IP
Administered Brocade/Foundry Netiron ADX switches
- Administered Brocade/Foundry Netiron ADX switches: built VIPs, performed DNS updates. Installed, configured, managed and supported Apache, JBOSS, WebSphere and WebLogic on Linux servers. Problem resolution, and troubleshooting, IIS to Azure, Sub-version, Perl, foglight, open script, expect, python, JSON, and shell scripts for managing configuration changes and automating processes. Also supported re-branding apps, multiple domain SSL certificates and domains for the client’s new corporate identity.
outage management system
- Implemented a common outage management system, deployed application using JBOSS and WebSphere on AIX. Installed vendor application patches and updates. Updated oracle tables using Toad and SQLplus, Perl and shell scripts on AIX servers. Also completed an Active Directory authentication project for this same application. Supported High Availability cluster fail-over scripting and testing.
SkillsJBoss IBM WebSphere Advanced Interactive eXecutive - (AIX) Perl Oracle 10g Tools For Oracle Application Development - TOAD Shell Scripting
automated REEL Backup
- Implemented and automated REEL Backup on 3590 rack mounted libraries; developed & tested the disaster recovery plan for AIX servers; evaluated ADSM, as a future backup tool.
- Worked with the team to convert SCSI to IBM SSA to implement SAN storage. Also worked with DHCP, Distributed DNS, SNA, PPP & Radius authentication. Used RDIST & PVCS.
SkillsDHCP PVCS Advanced Interactive eXecutive - (AIX) Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service Domain Name System - (DNS) RDIST HP OpenView
- Developed requirements, specifications, designed & implemented Point-Of-Sale interface to a third-party scheduling tool, SuperSked, using C & Unix Shell scripts. Wrote user documentation & taught “train the trainer” sessions for regional teams, end-user training & support. The software ran on IBM AIX, SCO Unix & NCR/AT&T Unix.
virtualizing branch office hardware
- Within the Platform Systems Architecture team, managed servers, storage, network infrastructure, built automation playbooks using Linux, Solaris, AIX, Ansible Tower, Kubernetes, Rundeck, Dell/EMC, Infoblox, F5, GitLab, Splunk, Nutanix, Vmware, Openshift for hybrid on-premises & IBM Cloud Solutions.
- Projects included virtualizing branch office hardware, bringing some apps into the cloud, enforcing security settings, server patching and daily requests for run-level access, connectivity, builds, deployments, package additions and decommissioning.
SkillsRunDeck Ansible IBM Cloud Linux InfoBlox F5 Big-IP Docker Kubernetes VMWare Splunk Git OpenShift