Now you can Instantly Chat with Noel!
Over 30 years in data processing concentrating on the structured analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of manufacturing, financial, insurance, statistical and banking systems. Involved in all phases of a System Life Cycle, stre...
my skills span all major platforms:
mainframe technologies: cobol, ibm assembler, cics, db2, ims, stored procedures (native sql, java, cobol), db2 sqlj, mq,
pc/windows: .net, visual basic, c#
unix: shell scripting
cross platform: tcpip sockets, soap, rest
Networking & Security
2013- present, Customer Resource Information System, UPS Wayne
September 2013 to present, programmer-analyst, UPS, Wayne, NJ
2012-2013, Verizon Wireless CST VISION system
April 2012 to August 2013, programmer-analyst, Verizon Wireless, Orangeburg, NY
- Participate in the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of changes to the Verizon Wireless CST VISION system. This is a system that maintains customer, mobile phone number information. Technology involved: COBOL, DB2, CICS, MQ, CICS Web Service Client HTTP, Easytrieve, Syncsort, Xpediter.Show More Show Less
1993-2012, Trade Info and Clearing System, Swiss Bank/UBS
June 1993 to February 2012, programmer-analyst, UBS, Stamford, CT
- I took on various roles in the course of my employment with Swiss Bank/UBS.
I started as a programmer/analyst.
Later on, I took on lead developer and project leader roles, doing system analysis, developing functional specifications, program specifications, developed the more critical modules, did unit testing, integration testing.
I supported user acceptance testing, implementation, post-implementation, problem resolution, system fine tuning.
- Participated in the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of the bank’s Clearing and Settlement (TICS) Systems, for Foreign Exchange (FX), FX and Precious Metals Options, and Money Market.
- Participated in the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of the bank’s Host Payment System (HPAY).
- Participated in the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of the bank’s Trade Netting System (CPNET).
- The TICS system is based on Straight Thru Processing (STP), with exception queues for trade errors and trades that require exception handling.
- I worked on numerous projects to enhance the systems. I performed analysis, design, development, testing (unit, System Integration Testing (SIT)), support SIT-UAT, implementation, post-monitoring, tuning, problem determination, bug fixes.
- I developed an FX/Precious-Metals Options Clearing and Settlement system to replace a third party software, DEVON from Sungard, as the third party software could not cope with the increasing volume.
This involved the full project lifecycle, it had batch and online components.
- I developed an FX/Precious-Metals Options netting system.
- I developed a Money Market front-end , and, cancel-rebook , enhancements to the Money Market system. I utilized DB2 recursive sql with common table expressions (CTE) to process multi-level trade cancel-rebook, involving one to many (fund splits) cancel rebooks.
- I developed programs using, Cobol, CICS, DB2, DB2 triggers, DB2 stored procedures, IMS-DB, cobol XML parser ,TCP/IP sockets programming in CICS-Cobol, IBM-MQ.
- I worked with assembler programs, for example, converted an Assembler date module to Cobol, to provide more functionality, to cater for weekend workdays for certain countries.Show More Show Less
1992-1993, Visual Basic to Mainframe Interface, Chemical Bank
July 92 to May 93, programmer-analyst, Chemical Bank, Water Street, Manhattan, NY
Participated in the programming, testing and implementation of an interface between Chemical Bank's OTAP/LEAP System to Manufacturers Hanover's GES System.
Did enhancements to CICS-DB2 and CSP-DB2 programs for Manufacturers Hanover's GES system.
Participated in the development of a client-server pilot project for the Loan Proposal and Global Exposure systems using Visual Basic, SQL Server, MDI DB2 Gateway, and APPC/PC.
SkillsCOBOL Visual Basic IBM APPC
ToolsVisual Basic 6.0 Studio