Now you can Instantly Chat with James!
Senior developer with over 30 years of experience with web, windows, and mobile development experience. Experienced with .NET (over 16 years), Xamarin (over 3 years), and various other technologies. Experienced report developer with SSRS, Crystal ...Show More
Data & Analytics
Networking & Security
- Designed and developed a scanner interface DLL using the ISIS protocols. This was written in MS VC++ using the Windows SDK.
- The target platform was the Windows 95 operating system. Enhanced an existing scanner interface to include SCSI calls for automatic and manual page feed.
- Modified the Kofax Ascent application to create a batch-scanning program that will be used as part of OTG's Application Extender product. The additional development was done using MS Visual Basic 4.0.
ToolsVisual Studio (Win)
Information Management Consultants
- Designed and developed a WEB based workflow system using IIS and ISAPI, MS VC++, MFC and HTML for an NT server system.
- Designed and developed a single-sign-on system to be used within the company network.
- Designed and developed a single-sign-on system to be used by authenticated users on the public-facing portal to access various company applications.
- Wrote reusable C++ classes for various portions of the system including graphics manipulation, user management and security.
ToolsVisual Studio (Win)
- Designed and developed a software library of functions to encode data in a MaxiCode symbol. The software was designed to be portable across various platforms.
- Designed and developed a PC GUI for the MaxiCode encoder using VC++. Designed and developed separate functions for the GUI application that would save the MaxiCode symbol as a BMP file and a TIFF file.
- This encoder was to be used by all high-volume UPS customers in production environments. Designed and developed a library of functions to encode data in a PDF417 symbol.
- Initiated the use of PVCS as a configuration management tool. Administered PVCS. Created all software projects in PVCS, setup users and instructed users in the operation of PVCS.
- Created and tested a Windows 95 OEM installation process. Created a Windows 95 OEM master disk for use by manufacturing to create an exact duplicate environment on each Mentis wearable computer built. Supervised the testing of the Windows 95 OEM installation.
- Designed and developed a Visual Basic code module utilizing the GM automobile data bus codes. Researched the J1708, J1850 and J1939 specs and deciphered them in order to correctly use the data codes supplied by GM.
- Designed and developed a DICOM viewer for use on the Mentis wearable computer. This application was intended for use by Emergency Medical Technicians, Nurses, and Physicians in non-standard working environments such as field hospitals and triage centers.
- Performed major research and analysis on the issue of importing PDF files as data for rtmNavigator, a real-time mentoring application for the Mentis wearable computer. Wrote a detailed description of the steps and hours needed to complete the task. Performed major research and analysis on the issue of using SGML/HTML/XML files as data for rtmNavigator. Wrote a detailed description of the steps and hours needed to complete the task.
- Documented the MentiSoft applications and submitted them to the Tectonics lawyers for copyright application.
- Developed a custom interface for the Mentis wearable computer using the Microsoft Active Accessibility API.
- Designed and developed custom voice recognition and text-to-speech software using the Microsoft Speech API. Involved in various voice recognition development groups, most notably the VoxML group started by Motorola.