Now you can Instantly Chat with Dejan!
With more than 20 years of experience in Information Technology I am engineer and developer who have experience with many different technologies including operating systems like Linux / Unix and Windows, virtualization, cloud, containers, bash and...Show More
Networking & Security
Analysts (Non programmer role)
I work as Senior VMware engineer. Company has about 1200 VMs in VMware vCenter. My primary duty is management of vSphere which includes installation, patching, maintenance and troubleshooting of virtual infrastructure.
I also work as Linux administrator. I am part of Linux team and do tasks like patching, installing CentOS 7 and Ubuntu , maintaining and troubleshooting OS and applications.
Third part of my job is automation. I use Ansible to implement installation and maintenance on groups of VMs.Show More Show Less
I was member of Unix team which also worked on automation and some DevOps tasks. I prepared physical servers to be used for cloud. Also, worked with tools like Nagios, Chef, Docker and Kubernetes for easily implementation of various applications. Also, implemented automation using Chef for crating new VMs in public cloud and for reconfiguration.Show More Show Less
Monster is small company with couple of headquarters in different part of USA. They have about 300 Red Hat Linux servers mostly virtual. Also, they had small data center in same building.
- Satellite - My duty was work with Red Hat Satellite on first place. They had plan to upgrade Satellite from version 5.7 to 6.1 but they had license issue. I installed Satellite 6.1, imported manifest and did all other registration tasks. Worked couple of days with Red Hat support to resolve issue with Foreman and some other services. Then moved VMs from Satellite 5.7 to 6.1 and configured all necessary options.
- CentOS 7 - I also installed occasionally new VMs with CentOS and Red Hat 7 OS and also installed 4 new physical servers under Linux OS. I was responsible for troubleshooting and fine-tuning servers, so I worked with services like SeLinux, Firewalld, proxy and other. All Linux servers were joined to AD domain, so I worked closely with Windows administrators on troubleshooting services and accounts.
- vSphere - Small part of the time, when VMware administrator was on sick days, I also worked with VMware vSphere on troubleshooting virtual environments.
Analysts (Non programmer role)
- Supported about 17 clients throughout USA including Fannie Mae, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Amtrak, Broadridge and others.
- Implemented various tasks like monitoring, updating, configuring and troubleshooting VMware hosts, vCenters and VMs.
- Implemented vMotion to resolve issues with resources on hosts and resolved networking, storages and hardware issues.
- I was responsible for servers of Fannie Mae, regularly visited data center and fixed issues on ESXi and vCenter servers. These are IBM BladeCenter Servers and also Dell and HP with ESXi and Red Hat Linux OS.
- Worked with blades, replaced parts, configured and did troubleshooting. Also, worked with SAN.
- Installed HBA, updated BIOS and system firmware.
- Connected ESXi initiator with EMC targets and did troubleshooting multipaths.
- Configured and used IMM and ILO for remote login.