Now you can Instantly Chat with William!
Highly motivated Data Management / Data Architect Professional with extensive experience managing and developing data strategies and solutions for a variety of industries, including: Banking, Manufacturing, Insurance, Real Estate, and Government. ...Show More
Data & Analytics
Redesign physical model
Redesign physical model; helped direct DataStage ETL approach; aligned logical data model with physical data model to resolve functional gaps;
▪ Review, enhancement and implementation of MDM for Reference Data, with federation architecture.
▪ Established, developed and planned overall strategy and executed first phase of Provider MDM solution; worked on establishment of standard industry data model reference library.
▪ Established, developed and implemented standards, best practices, and modeling for Data Management / Architecture, Data Governance, Business Glossary and Metadata Management.
▪ Introduction and development of logical data models.
▪ Consulting with IT Management on alignment of Data Life Cycle within the SDLC.
William A. Modica Page 2
▪ Lead the investigation for Data Quality / Profiling, Metadata, Glossary within IBM InfoSphere.
▪ Led the next generation data architecture, goal was to re-develop and re-architect the underlying data environment to support the company’s new Microservices architecture.
Data Governance and Data Quality/Profiling
Responsibilities were to support client’s Data Architecture initiatives.
Client: Vehicle Manufacturer, Midwest:
▪ Supported the evaluation and recommendation of MDM solutions, including review for Data Governance and Data Quality/Profiling.
▪ Drafted initial DA/DG/DQ architectures, standards and best practices.
▪ As MDM Liaison, consulted with various inflight projects on MDM concepts and various options to align projects to the MDM program initiative.
Data Architecture/Management group
Responsibilities were the establishment of the Data Architecture/Management group within Information Management, included staff development and mentoring. Concurrently, managed the BI, SOA and ECM teams for best practice / strategies, and help managed the Data Integration team while searching for a manager.
▪ Evaluated and developed data standards, enterprise and application logical data models; expanded reference model sources.
▪ Supporting Data Governance, authored the Enterprise Metadata and the Business Glossary strategies, and Data Quality tools RFPs.
▪ Developed templates to aid in Glossary and Data Linage documentation and publication.
▪ Authored an alternate road map for developing the Party Master Data including DQ/Profiling usage
▪ Authored in-house “magic quadrant” type reports for Metadata, Data Architecture and Data Quality; co-authored Master Data Management and Data Governance.
Implementing metadata solutions
Working for Professional Services, responsible for helping clients plan and implement metadata solutions using the company’s product offerings. Clients represented various vertical markets, including Government, Retail/Web-Sales, HealthCare, and Financial. General activities included managing or co-managing metadata projects; creation and/or review of project plans; project staffing; development coordination; consulting on or developing functional requirements and metadata model design, project costing estimates, SOW development, and leading clients through implementation and training processes.Show More Show Less
Enterprise Metadata Repository environment
Responsibilities were managing the Enterprise Metadata Repository environment, which won TDWI’s Best Practice Award in 2008. This included overseeing the full SDLC using an international staff that developed complete functionality, custom UI, and overall Meta model design, including encompassing regional and international requirements, as well as ensuring company development standards were followed.
▪ Established Java development and testing teams to support ongoing functional enhancements.
▪ Reviewed and approved all functional and technical requirements and specifications.
▪ Authored numerous high-level specifications detailing repository functionality and technical architecture.
▪ Finalized development approaches and priorities.
▪ Oversaw the co-development of the DataStage scanner with repository vendor.
▪ Lead the migration from CA/Platinum MVS to ASG-Rochade.