Frontend Web Developer
THE ROLE :
We're looking for an amazing React Web Developer to join Hopper's quickly growing Distributed Fintech team! Within the team, you will have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the company as we integrate our products with a fast-growing list of partners.
As a Software Engineer in our Distributed Fintech business unit, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, deploying and operating front end systems that power our Hopper’s partner integrations!
You will iterate on world class UI/UX components to interact with end customers by collaborating with a team of talented engineers, product managers and data scientists to break down complex problems and experiment with new ideas very quickly. You will design, build, scale and maintain web versions of our products. Your contributions will be broad, and you’ll be expected to nimbly move across our tech stack.
In this role, you will:
- Iterate on customer facing features in an agile manner via React and Typescript
- Leverage and contribute to a modern web micro-frontend platform
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Quickly prototype new insights and run experiments to identify features that users love.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- 3 years Software experience
- Experience with React
- Experience in or willingness to learn type-safe web development in typescript
- Thorough understanding of web system architecture, and design, at scale
- Ability to quickly iterate on Web interface UI/UX and related design
- Strong problem-solving skills, proven ability to translate ideas into code
- Track record of successful collaboration with technical and non-technical people
- Winning attitude and strong communication skills
An ideal candidate has:
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Experience with a Micro Frontend architecture
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Prior travel or eCommerce experience
- Understanding of accessibility principles
- A desire to help our team continuously improve
Our tech stack:
- Our web front ends use TypesScript/React as well as vite, nx and yarn workspaces
- We are heavily data driven making extensive use of tools like Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog
Perks of working with us
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Must have Skills
Eastern Daylight [UTC -4]
Central Daylight [UTC -5]
Mountain Daylight [UTC -6]
Pacific Daylight [UTC -7]
english - Fluent