Software Implementation Engineer
Who we’re looking for
The Software Implementation Engineer (IE) is an experienced developer with a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions.
IEs are responsible for ensuring the technical success of critical partner onboarding projects, working with the Product Implementation and Technology teams to integrate processes into Micruity’s platform, mapping and translating data flows, and modifying Micruity systems to meet unique partner requirements.
When not busy performing these functions, the IE will contribute to our product stack and create new solutions that are clean, stable, scaleable, and ultra-secure.
What you’ll do
- Support multiple, and possibly concurrent, partner implementations on both web and API systems, acting as the lead technical developer and SME.
- Engage in clear, effective communication to establish responsibilities and due dates for the technical implementations.
- Ensure all implementations are fully tested and ready for deployment and own any technical or implementation problems you discover, proactively driving forward solutions.
- Act as the point of contact for the development team, providing implementation support by recommending design practices, debugging applications, and automating business processes.
- Be a gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt, while building & improving code across the entire stack.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members, participate in design decisions and collaborate in technical reviews.
- Participate in development opportunities including training.
- Occasionally assist with recruitment, e.g. interviewing new team members.
- Often help the business by participating in sales engineering duties – which may result in some travel.
- 4+ years in a Software Engineering or similar role, a large part of which has been customer-facing.
- Web development knowledge (i.e. HTML, CSS, JS) and REST APIs.
- High level familiarity with one or more front-end frameworks, especially React.
- Strong familiarity with software fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, and databases.
- Well developed written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to legally work in Canada or the US.
Great to have
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry (Defined Contribution Plan administration, Annuity product design or operations, etc.).
- Experience working directly with customers in an on-boarding or service delivery role.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem of products.
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to modify them.
- Deep understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- An entrepreneurial attitude, i.e. willing to roll up their sleeves and solve complex, all-hands-on-deck problems.
Our Tech Stack
- React front-end.
- REST, Socket.IO, GraphQL.
- PostgreSQL DB, Sequelize ORM.
- Serverless Infrastructure: AWS–including Lambda, DynamoDB, Step Functions, Cognito, EventBridge, S3, SQS, and many more.
Must have Skills
Eastern Daylight [UTC -4]
Central Daylight [UTC -5]
Mountain Daylight [UTC -6]
Pacific Daylight [UTC -7]
english - Fluent