Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
We are looking for a passionate learning professional and visionary thinker with the clarity and drive to shape the future of learning. Software Engineer role will report to our Engineering Management.
- Analyze requirements (Functional Specs) and generate technical documentation
- Implement solutions to solve real business problems based on functional specifications and designs
- Help Support/QA identify technical issues
- Create/maintain unit test cases
- Write maintainable tests that are understandable by other humans
- Keep tickets up to date by logging hours and statuses
- Follow GitFlow and other Engineering Processes
- Maintain Engineering documentation on Confluence
- Other responsibilities as appropriate or assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
- The ability to show courtesy, kindness, and empathy to others.
- Customer and results oriented focus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with effective attention to detail.
- The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and technical expertise.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in .NET and .NET Core
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience consuming APIs from web clients
- Experience using Cloud technologies to improve legacy functionality and design new, scalable solutions.
- Experience with cloud technology is preferredAWS
- Knowledge of Node.js preferred
- Knowledge of Unix preferred (for deploying and building pipelines)
- SCRUM / KANBAN / AGILE experience preferred
- Other languages as relevant to position desired (DocNet, Python, etc.)
- C1 level of English required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, analytics, or another related field OR relevant commercial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment above all else.
- Flexible Working: Learnlight is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30+ countries and offices in 9 European cities.
- Competitive Remuneration: We offer market-matching competitive salaries.
- Learning & Development: Personalized language and soft skills training; ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coaching and constructive feedback.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Learnlight fosters an open, positive, and diverse community that welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Community Events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club, Tea Time and in-person departmental and All Company meetups
- Location: Home-based
- Contract: Full-time & Freelance
- Schedule: +/-2-3 hours of European time zones
Must have Skills
Eastern European [UTC +2]
Eastern EST [UTC +3]
Greenwich Mean [UTC ±0]
Further EET [UTC +3]
english - Fluent