Enago flagship products
At Enago we are laser-focused on building AI-powered tools and services that significantly boost the productivity of researchers and professionals. Every researcher or professional goes through the stages of knowledge discovery, knowledge acquisition, knowledge creation, and knowledge dissemination. However, each stage is cognitively heavy and is tightly coupled. It is in this direction that we have our flagship products Trinka and RAx that focus on making all these four stages easy and fast.
About Enago Trinka
Trinka (www.trinka.ai) is an AI-powered English grammar checker and language enhancement writing assistant designed for academic and technical writing. Built by linguists, scientists, and language lovers, Trinka finds and corrects thousands of complex writing errors — so you don’t have to. Trinka corrects contextual spelling mistakes, and advanced grammar errors enhance vocabulary usage, and provides writing suggestions in real-time. Trinka goes beyond grammar to help professionals and academics ensure professional, concise, and engaging writing. With subject-specific correction, Trinka understands the nuances in the expression of each subject and ensures the writing is fit for the subject. Trinka's Enterprise solutions come with unlimited access and great customization options to all of Trinka’s powerful capabilities.
About Enago RAx
RAx (https://raxter.io ) is the first smart workspace that helps researchers (students, professors, corporate researchers, and professionals) to be better and faster in their research projects. Powered with proprietary AI algorithms and a unique approach to solving problems with design and tech, RAx is set to be the default workspace for any research-heavy projects. Launched in 2019, the product connects information (Research papers, Blogs, Wiki, Books, Courses, Videos, etc.) to behaviors (reading, writing, annotating, discussing & more), opening up newer insights and opportunities in the academic space that was otherwise not possible (or not imaginable).
About the team
We are a bunch of passionate researchers, engineers, and designers who came together to build a product that can revolutionize the way any research-intensive projects are done. Reducing cognitive load and helping people to convert information into knowledge, is at the core of our mission. Our engineering team is building a scalable platform that deals with tons of data, AI processing over the data, and interactions of users from across the globe. We believe research plays a key role in making the world a better place, and we want to make it easy to approach and fun to do!
As the Engineering Head, you will actively lead a team of talented web developers, understand the products (and their use-cases in and out), and work towards a high-quality end-to-end delivery using a pragmatic agile approach based on a dynamic assessment of the evolving situation of a growth-stage startup.
You will be working along with the Director Engineer (DE), Technical Project Manager (TPM), Solution Architect (SA), Principal Engineers (PEs), Senior DevOps, and a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic developers. You will also be pragmatically ensuring the flexibility of the product and that tech debt doesn’t creep in. In essence, your usual day will be primarily reviewing solution architecture, and approach, and making sure that the best practices of the engineering development lifecycle are in place. You will be the sole person to evaluate the performance of DEs, and in absence of DEs that of the SA, PEs, DevOps, and SDE-3 Leads.
The person that we are looking for
We are seeking an Engineering Head with 5+ years of enterprise backend or full-stack web-dev experience (preferably VueJS/AngularJS if full-stack, NodeJS/Java/Python Django/FastAPI with AWS Serverless), 5+ years of solution architecture experience, and 4+ years of engineering management experience. What we would love to see in you:
- You have excellent skills in understanding the business goals, assessing the ground situation, and coming up with a concrete and detailed plan.
- You have experience with unit and integration testing, particularly in a DevOps environment. You believe in TDD, encourage extensive test coverage and seek to automate testing whenever possible.
- You will be responsible for designing and conducting a high-quality code-review process and maintaining highly performant, testable code following strong software design patterns.
- You show remarkable foresight in designing optimized scalable solutions.
- You enjoy breaking down complex problems into small tasks and PRs to deliver value safely and incrementally.
- You will be actively reviewing approaches created by tech leads and helping them to find the optimal solutions to the problems.
- You take pride in estimating project efforts with reasonable accuracy and ensure proactive communication up to and down the chain of command.
- You will work with the DE, DevOps, TPM, SA, and PEs to optimize, update, and maintain cloud infrastructure and associated costs (AWS). You will also be continuously collaborating with Research Engineering leads to ensure cross-end scalability.
- You are very well acquainted with best practices around project deployment and educate the team about the same.
- You will be evaluating the tech leadership performance (KPI).
- You will be designing and overseeing the hiring process making sure that we have a great tech team that has: (a) a high level of curiosity, (b) resourcefulness, (c) solid expertise level, (d) high attention-to-details, (e) superb commitment and reliability, and (f) obsession for amazing user experience. This entails that you will be having a strong network of highly talented senior developers whom you can reach out to and inspire (in an ethical and professional way) to join the team and create something that the world has never seen!
- You have proven 6+ years of technical leadership experience leading high performant tech senior leadership including Director of Engineering, Solution Architects, Principal Engineers, and Engineering Managers.
- You have proven 8+ years of cost-efficient, robust, and highly scalable solution architecting experience.
- You have proven 5+ years of either full-stack (VueJs-NodeJS/AngularJS-Java/Python) or backend experience (Node.js/Java Server technologies/Python Server technologies with advanced Python highly scalable system engineering experience)
- You have extensively worked with backend technologies including relational (Postgres/MySQL) and document (MongoDB) databases, Redis/Memcache; Kafka/RabbitMQ/Celery/AWS SQS, container orchestration (Docker Compose/Kubernetes), and CI/CD.
- You have strong experience working with AWS technologies like Lambda functions, SQS, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- You have a sound understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS processors, and CSS frameworks.
- You know when to write highly optimized vs highly maintainable code.
- You have very strong experience in the best practices around developer tooling and workflows.
- You consider testing, monitoring, and observability first-order priorities. Until your code runs in production and returns the results and metrics you expect, you know your work isn't complete.
- You have worked on high-impact projects, and you see software engineering as a team sport and like collaborating with fellow engineers, product managers, and others to deliver customer value. You are energized by working in a highly collaborative environment at a user experience-obsessed startup.
- You have very strong experience in profiling and impact analysis for code being written
- You are a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) freak.
**Added advantage**: You have experience working with Elasticsearch server cluster optimization and Apache Spark/Ray.