SENIOR BACKEND (Remote Canada) | Open Work permit only
Envision.ai, based in Montreal Canada, is growing our team to usher in the latest advancements in deep learning to develop our VideoViews deep-tech for dense multi-modal video analysis. We are looking for talented senior software developers to build curiosity-driven, robust, scalable systems to further our APIs, infrastructure services, and our machine learning datasets. You are excited by the challenging problems that unstructured data poses particularly applied to video applications. To aid in the building of large-scale SaaS products at the nexus of creativity and artificial intelligence.
RESPONSIBILITIES:· Implement cost-effective and scalable infrastructure for ML/AI workflows for large-scale video applications.· Own our back-end system, from architectural patterns, technical specifications and designs to building important applications and managing our database· Define and implement the REST API which is used by data analysis and collection tools as well as the customer facing Web UIs.· Optimizing API and database for maximum speed and scalability· Help us improve the reliability of our platform through rigorous testing, observability, and monitoring and identify areas for system optimization and improvement· Maintain and build large scale cloud platforms and cloud-based applications.· Manage testing and ensure robustness of the backend infrastructure code· Working effectively with the product development and design team to ensure back end features meet front end requirements properly
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise on software development with a focus on continuous delivery and deployment, high performance applications and cloud automation. 3+ years experience
- Experience coding in Python and any of those (Angular, Typescript, c++)
- Interest in following the development trend of cutting-edge technology in the industry.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology.
- Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design, to solve challenging problems.
- Highly proficient with AWS services
- Excellent knowledge of building server-side RESTful applications, APIs, event-based technologies, and automation tools.
- Significant database technologies design experience (SQL, NoSQL, DynamoDB) for large scale applications.
- Significant experience working with databases and datawarehousing systems (PostgreSQL)
- Validated ability to identify and troubleshoot issues in complex systems.
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment, implement and communicate solutions.
- Dedicated to optimizing algorithmic and computational performance
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Ability to work in a diverse collaborative environment.
- Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience with database performance tuning, indexes, query optimization, storage layout, transactions, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must have Skills