senior data engineer
About the job We are looking for Semi-Senior Data Engineer to join our team who should be passionate about data processing and can help us in developing and launching a new cutting edge product in the HR Analytics / Human Capital Management (HCM) space (super interesting data set with millions of team emails, chats, meetings, tasks, commits, file activity etc in big graph DB). You should enjoy working independently and have the capability to innovate to help overcome challenges. The candidate must have at least two years hands-on experience in the Data Science field. About us Tribes.AI is a new startup aiming to help build strong high-performance teams with advanced analytics. Teams today produce a huge amount of data via everyday activities (emails, meetings, chats, files, tasks, code, etc) that can be mined for trends. This data provides powerful insights into team performance and helps management make more informed decisions about their employees, teams, and clients. The management team at Tribes.AI has already successfully built and sold a large data consulting company, Datalicious. As a result, we understand how valuable our team members are, and how to build working teams that produce results no matter what timezone you are in. We value skilled employees who are at the top of their game, who want to take ownership, and who want to grow with us. If you want to research us some more, we suggest you check out our current team on LinkedIn, what they say on Glassdoor, and our funding progress on Crunchbase.
Our perks All team members are usually offered the following perks ...
- Flexible working hours (i.e. we don't care when you work, within reason, as long as the work gets done)
- Working from home (i.e. we don't care from where you work, whatever makes you most productive)
- Working from home expenses (i.e. we pay for your home Internet and any other reasonable expenses)
- New laptop via EMI purchase (i.e. you buy it and own it but you can expense the monthly repayments)
- Unlimited leave (i.e. we don't count days off so take as many as you need as long as the work gets done)
- Training courses (i.e. we want you to keep learning so we pay for relevant courses and give you time off)
- Share options plan (i.e. once you're past probation you will get access to our employee share options plan)
- Opportunity to fast track your career with our small highly motivated team
- Write scalable data engineering pipelines
- Mentor junior data engineers
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
Soft skills Our team members should be ...
- Hungry for knowledge and passionate about their chosen discipline in the right way (i.e. not merely applying the most fancy algorithms or tools but instead the ones best suited to solve the business problem at hand)
- Capable of working with almost no supervision (i.e. be self-driven, able to organize their own tasks, QA their own work and spot their own errors, explore new approaches, manage time frames/deadlines, etc)
- Great written and spoken communicators (i.e. solid written and spoken English skills, efficiently use of instant messaging and other remote team platforms, ability to document code/tasks, know when to bother other people with their own problems, etc)
- Team workers with a strong collaborative attitude (i.e. interest in other team member's challenges, ready to help with constructive suggestions unasked, never make any fuss about other people's mistakes, positive can-do attitude all around, etc)
- Obsessed with perfection and driven by a constant need to optimize (i.e. always wanting to look for a way of doing things even better than they already are, etc)
- Committed as in ready to stay with us for the long run (i.e. recruitment, on-boarding, and training are extremely time-consuming tasks we do not want to go through time and time again)