Senior Backend Engineer
Role & Responsibilities
- Individual responsibilities
- Understands requirements well and comes up with an efficient design for the system
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues in requirements, architecture design and code
- Communicates clearly, gets clarifications and establishes expectations for all parties
- Team responsibilities
- Be the go-to person for the team for guidance and troubleshooting.
- Mentoring junior engineers and setting best practices for coding, code reviews, etc.
- Should have at least 5 years of experience in total
- At least 3 years of experience in NodeJS/Typescript and SQL/NoSQL Databases with microservice bases architecture
- Expertise in all common AWS Cloud technologies like SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and TDD, workflows and deployments.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, System Design, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Should have delivered projects with end-to-end accountability
- Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
- Open to learning new languages and tools which we assess daily for our upcoming projects.
- Has an ability to quickly learn and contribute in multiple codebases
- Good to have at least some experience in leading a team