Unity Developer for Top Mobile Gaming Company in Noida
We are BlackLight Games; we bring culturally relevant synchronous multiplayer games experience to mobile. Our games have been rocking the Play Stores since launch. We have built cutting-edge back-end technology; we take pride that our games are played by more than 1 million players daily. Our flagship game, Ludo SuperStar has been downloaded more than 100 million times. Other titles include – CallBreak, Carrom, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Word games.
We are looking for a top-notch, ambitious and driven Unity Developer who is confident of creating world class mobile games which are played by millions of players. If you're hard-working, enthusiastic, dedicated, have fire in the belly to accept challenges, then BlackLight Games is the place for you.
Position: Unity Developer (Mobile Games)
Educational Qualification: B.Tech/ MCA / M.Tech / M.Sc or relevant professional experience; preferably in Computer Science.
What You Bring to the team:
- Minimum 1.5 years of working experience in game development
- Expert knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, user session management, physics and particle systems
- Experience of shipping out games on Android/ iOS and rolling out updates to them
- Ability to plan and estimate timelines of new features/ releases.
- Hands-on experience in optimising games for speed, performance, and experience; profiling of the game to identify cause of performance issues.
- Understanding of multithreading, async and thread safe code
- Awesome troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns, data structure and algorithms
- Familiarity with level design and planning
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
Extra Gems for:
- Experience of working in Product industry
- Good understanding of client/ server interaction
- Experience in working on a mobile multiplayer games on scale, will be a huge plus
- Very good understanding of Android and iOS platforms
- Open source contributions, interesting hobby projects.
Your responsibilities would include:
- As a senior unity game developer, you will be part of an Unity Dev team and will be responsible with the front-end (client) side development.
- You would be sole incharge (read, owner) of client-side of one of our titles and would have the complete responsibility of performance of the game and timely updates to it.
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the Product team and the backend team
- Create, debug, maintain and optimise the game, and related in-house written libraries used for the game’s development.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the game; keeping the players in center.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to your team and take complete ownership for growth of product as well as your team.
- Be the POC to the Product team; and provide them with regular updates on the current release plan and status.
- Be on top of progress of your team with respect to current release plan at all the times always keeping in mind that Speed is of the essence.
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
- Actively communicate with external stake-holders like Unity team, Google team, etc in case of any troubleshooting/ issues.
- High Growth Startup environment
- Company sponsored courses and education material
- Lots of learning opportunities
- Work with a super-talented team of professionals
- Informal work-culture, Casual Dress Code, multiple outings and trips
- Performance Based Bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Subsidies Lunch and Unlimited Snacks, Tea & Coffee in the house at all times