Senior Node Js Developer
We are Black Light Games; we bring culturally relevant synchronous multiplayer games experience to mobile. Our games have been rocking the Play Stores since launch. We have built cutting-edge back-end technology; we take pride that our games are playedby more than 1 million players daily. Our flagship game, Ludo Super Star has been downloaded more than 100 million times. Other titles include – CallBreak, Carrom, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Word games. We are looking for a top-notch, ambitious and driven Node. js developer who is confident of creating, maintaining and further optimising highly scalable backend supporting our multiplayer mobile games which are played by millions of players. If you're hard-working, enthusiastic, dedicated, have fire in the belly to accept challenges, then Black Light Games is the place for you.
What You Bring to the team:
• More than 3+ years of experience developing serverless applications using public cloud like Google Cloud/ AWS
• Knowledge of Node. js and frameworks available for it.
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and work arounds.
• Distributed system development with an understanding of latency, scalability, scheduling, asynchronous programming, and reliability
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Experience with services common to serverless architectures, like: AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, IAM, Firebase Real Time Database, Google Cloud SQL, Cloud Tasks. It’s a bonus if you have worked on Google Cloud Project and Firebase.
• Solid Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases is required with proven experience of creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
• Experience with deploying, maintaining, debugging live systems, and end-to-end testing and analysis
• Experienced in creating micro-services based architectures, reusable components
• Experience building REST APIs and other common application architectures on the above services
• Experience building data processing pipelines
• Solid understanding of code, design, and development practices
• General comfort in exploring, assessing, and learning new frameworks
• High levels of integrity and professionalism, and an ability to channel maximum amounts of energy into the role delivering premium customer service at all times
• Adhere to different Project Management methodologies (Agile etc) and leverage different CI/CD tools.
Extra Gems for:
• Google, AWS and/or Industry certifications.
• Familiarity with object storage such as AWS S3, Firebase Storage, in-memory caches such as Redis
• Demonstrated performance of threat modeling, risk assessment techniques, code reviews in the context of Dev Sec Ops security
• Knowledge of Application Monitoring using tools like Google Stack driver
• Broad familiarity with other languages like J2EE, Python as we write some code in these as well.
• Experience with Git hub and advanced Git hub features.
• Experience of working in Product industry
• Open source contributions, interesting hobby projects.
Your responsibilities would include:
• Your primary focus will be the development of reliable server-side logic that would be used by millions of users daily.
• Augmenting an in-house authoritative serverless real-time multiplayer gaming backend catering lakhs of events every second.
• Designing, implementing and optimising low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant system for our end-user; ensuring “awesome” user-experience.
• Defining and maintaining the database, keeping in mind high performance and responsiveness to all requests-rate.
• Have the ownership of designing architecture, developing, maintaining, debugging, scaling live backend services.
Must have Skills
english - Fluent