Backend Engineer (Java)
The Impact you will create: · Build campaign generation services which can send app notifications at a speed of 10 million a minute · Dashboards to show Real time key performance indicators to clients · Develop complex user segmentation engines which creates segments on Terabytes of data within few seconds · Building highly available & horizontally scalable platform services for ever growing data · Use cloud based services like AWS Lambda for blazing fast throughput & auto scalability · Work on complex analytics on terabytes of data like building Cohorts, Funnels, User path analysis, Recency Frequency & Monetary analysis at blazing speed · You will build backend services and APIs to create scalable engineering systems. · As an individual contributor, you will tackle some of our broadest technical challenges that requires deep technical knowledge, hands-on software development and seamless collaboration with all functions. · You will envision and develop features that are highly reliable and fault tolerant to deliver a superior customer experience. · Collaborating various highly-functional teams in the company to meet deliverables throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and improvise areas of improvement through data insights and research.
- 3-7 years of experience in backend development and must have worked on Java/shell/Perl/python scripting.
- Solid understanding of engineering best practices, continuous integration, and incremental delivery.
- Strong analytical skills, debugging and troubleshooting skills, product line analysis.
- Follower of agile methodology (Sprint planning, working on JIRA, retrospective etc).
- Proficiency in usage of tools like Docker, Maven, Jenkins and knowledge on frameworks in Java like spring, spring boot, hibernate, JPA.
- Ability to design application modules using various concepts like object oriented, multi-threading, synchronization, caching, fault tolerance, sockets, various IPCs, database interfaces etc.
- Hands on experience on Redis, MySQL and streaming technologies like Kafka producer consumers and NoSQL databases like mongo dB/Cassandra.
- Knowledge about versioning like Git and deployment processes like CICD.