At wealth42, a Product Designer is responsible for the design and development of user facing products. Part of being a member of this team, is a love for building products you're proud to share with your friends and family.
Your ultimate goal is to create solutions for pain points that users face, in an elegant and simple manner. You must understand the product design process and identify the user pain points, define the product problem, create concept solutions, analyze the received information, build prototypes and finally help build and test the end products. This is a cross-functional role and requires you to work with the product, engineering and marketing team to deliver design value throughout the product life cycle.
A successful product design is measured by end-user delight ( some aspects of which are insightful hypotheses, sleek design and intuitive user experience. You’ll be an integral part of a team that’s tackling difficult problems.
You will get to –
- Take broad ideas and high level user needs and transform them into meaningful products for millions of end users. You will take new ideas from concept to implementation
- Design delightful products for iOS, Android and React-native web applications.
- Create user flows and experiences that are (deceptively) simple and intuitive.
- Understand the user and user requirements. The objective is to design and build the best-in-class personal finance products by using state-of-the-art designs.
- Understand the user & problems to be solved, build prototypes & execute solutions, and measure success using feedback and adoption
- Partner with product, engineering and marketing.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the product. You will appraise new product ideas and strategize design solutions with an eye on the future.
- Drive the execution of all product design - including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, design development and product launch.
- Solicit feedback from all stakeholders, helping continually raise the bar for quality.
- Ship, measure and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience for the user, through close collaboration with team members across Product, Marketing and design teams.
- Work with exceptional colleagues
- Strong design experience in a relevant role (Minimum of 1 year). Number of years is less important than the products you have designed & released.
- Fluency in modern design tools and processes with skills in facilitation, research, interaction design, and visual design
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Experience designing web-based / mobile applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment to iterate and ship work that balances user and business needs
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including guiding designs throughout the development cycle
- You will be effective if you have -Product design or UI/UX experience with a proven track record of designing high performance consumer mobile applications
- Comfort with ambiguity - capable of solving complex problems independently in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to:
- roll up your sleeves and get into the details.
- make the tradeoffs required to ship designs without compromising quality.
- have an eye for details in design and user flows.
- think strategically and logically
- collaborate and are generally excited to partner with your teammates.
- A keen interest in design, finance and economics.