Staff Backend Engineer
Our Client is the first productized, cloud-based core data management platform for insurers. With flexibility and agility as our primary values, we enable insurers to launch new innovative insurance products on the order of months -- not years. And at a fraction of the cost. Powered by a modern tech stack and architecture, our platform supports the full end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including policy management, underwriting, billing, claims, and reporting. We're a fast-growing mid-stage startup with customers ranging from InsurTech startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Join us in driving innovation in the InsurTech space! The impact can’t be greater, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Staff Backend Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve, and scale our core technology platform to drive product innovation and success. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.Requirements:
- You have 8+ years of experience developing production-quality Java code (a C# or similar OO language background is ok too if you are strongly motivated to learn Java).
- You have built a major feature for an enterprise SaaS application from scratch, as part of a team, and put it in production.
- You have good experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres.
- You have a solid understanding of common data structures and algorithms, and OO design.
- You have worked at a startup or technology company.
- Experience designing APIs that are used directly by customers
- Deep experience with enterprise databases
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Python development experience
- Enterprise performance (big plus)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness Benefit
- Monday & Friday Virtual Yoga Classes
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
Eastern Daylight [UTC -4]
Central Daylight [UTC -5]
Mountain Daylight [UTC -6]
Pacific Daylight [UTC -7]