Lead Application Engineer (Java/Scala|K8s)
Working at Streamhub brings you unparalleled access to cutting-edge big data technologies and martech / media-tech exposure in a rewarding entrepreneurial culture. Our purpose is to understand how video shapes our everyday life, and our mission to be the most actionable data platform for the video business. We foster an environment where we can innovate and achieve goals both as a team and individually. We are at an exciting growth phase and are making a number of new hires - who will form the founding team for our tech hub in India. The Role This role will give you a challenging opportunity to contribute to an innovative data product as Data (Application) Engineer of our core engineering team. You will be joining our highly productive engineering team, thriving work culture through individual growth, well-being, strong ethics, and entrepreneurial approach. Your day-to-day work would comprise designing and building scalable services and applications over the data layer. You will also to exposed to managing data at its core including modeling, managing pipelines advanced analysis, and adopting newer technologies to build strong technical foundations.
- Solid experience in Scala or Java.
- Exposure to building user interfaces preferably using Angular or ReactJS.
- Solid experience with Docker, container services like Kubernetes, infrastructure tools like Terraform/Ansible. Including operational handling.
- Experience in building microservices.
- Some experience with Python, other shell scripting languages will be a plus.
- Experience with any NOSQL database.
- Prior experience with AWS will be a plus but not mandatory. You will learn this on the job
- Team skills, passion for your work, and readiness to take on startup challenges. Some startup or international work experience will be great!
- Interest in building data platforms, you will be exposed to many data technologies which we expect you to learn on the job.
- Competitive salary.
- Full-time, permanent position starting ASAP.
- Immense learning, exposure to niche data technologies, and handling TBs of data.
- Work with an open, diverse, and autonomous team. Entrepreneurial team culture.
- Flexible timing.
- Collaborative office space - WeWork, Bellandur. But currently, due to the pandemic, we encourage people to work from home.
If you've read all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Streamhub! If this role sounds like an exciting fit to you, please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect but as a startup, the right attitude and sharing similar core traits go a long way. If we are a good fit, we will grow together.We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Must have Skills
Greenwich Mean [UTC ±0]
New Delhi [UTC +5]
english - Fluent