Senior embedded software developer
Econote is looking for software enthusiast with 3+ years of proven experience in Firmware & Operating System Development. The candidate must discover the requirement and code highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality and will be responsible for the major lifecycle of the software he/she creates, including development, testing, and coordination and maintenance. The candidate will be majorly responsible for all the aspects of the software development including operating system development, firmware debugging & assist application development. The candidate is expected to write code on Linux development environment. We are looking for an engineer who is technically sound and attacks every problem with enthusiasm to overcome hurdles. He should be a self-starter, team player, and have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Design and develop firmware architecture
- Responsible for end to end design and development of firmware and OS
- Contribute to process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market.
- Perform functional testing for each module
- Develop codes for the embedded system
- Perform effective analysis of functional issues or performance profiling target host systems.
- Possess excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on hardware bring-up and system debugging
- Code and Performance Optimization to meet requirement
- Debug existing source code and refine the feature set.
- Collaborate with application developers for dependencies between OS, firmware and application
- Maintain and enhance the software systems once they are up and running
- Perform review design and design modification
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Candidate should have Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering in computer science or other related fields.
- Hands on experience with Linux operating system is highly recommended.
- worked on at-least 3+ project where showcased Low-level programming expertise using C and assembler, with compiler/linker/debug experience and debugging skills
- In depth knowledge of Linux distro like Ubuntu based operating system, Like Yocto/ Ubuntu
- Working knowledge of microprocessors (Preferably ARM) and other general peripherals
- IC and PCB knowledge (Clock pin, IO pin, Supply Voltage etc.) preferable
- Network TCP/IP protocol for advanced network connected devices
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- English language fluency.
- Good Documentation skills for technical instruction manual for firmware operation
- Good debug tool knowledge
- Excellent and quick understanding of datasheets
- Understanding of the Memory Map, Read/Write registers in Controllers