Senior Software Engineer
Vacancy– Senior Software Engineer
We are a team of talented and inspired professionals, motivated to change the world by making energy greener, and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, we are now one of the most recognized artificial intelligence companies in the power sector with recent recognitions from the US Department of Energy and from the Clean Tech Group . Our services are trusted by the largest and best performing renewable energy and distribution companies in India. In 2020, we started functioning as an independent subsidiary of the largest renewable energy generator in India.
Like most successful start-ups, we started with just a dream: To have a global 100% renewables powered grid, at 10% of the price we pay for our energy today, with 100% reliability of supply for all. We believe that machine learning and other software technologies will be key in enabling this vision. Thus, our mission is to construct the data architecture and design algorithms that give an intelligently powered future to the world. Join us in turning this dream into a reality
What it’s really like to work here:
We recognize the value that company culture plays in the recruitment process. Beyond the standard technical and experience fit, we look for individuals who will become a part of our family. When you join our team, you become a part of a strong network of brilliant and an accomplished legacy from top engineering and business schools in the world such as the Indian Institute of Technology, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, University College of London and many more.
We want more people who can thrive in a collaborative team-environment. Our multi-layered support system, comprising a global network of advisors, provides unparalleled opportunities for growth and learning in a friendly environment. We don’t believe in old-fashion edhierarchies. We work in teams and give people at all levels the freedom to lead and implement projects. With flexible hours and merit-based reward systems, we offer tremendous potential for advancement.
- You are the person for this job, if you have these qualities: Curious. You love learning about new tools and technologies
- Exposure. You have plenty of experience in executing projects successfully. You have a client-side exposure on project management
- Team player. You have no problem working in a team setting. You can effectively collaborate with people to reach a solution.
- Problem solver. You are the person your peers turn to for solving problems.
- Talented. You are an expert in database designing.
- Leader. You know how to prioritize work and inspire your colleagues. You are great with project planning and working on multiple things at once. You know you can effectively lead a group of people.
- Honesty. You work diligently and honestly. You have strong moral principles.
- We are looking for people with knowledge of: PHP/Python
- MVC Framework Laravel / Python Flask.
- Web services (SOAP, REST)
- SQL and NoSQL scripting and databases like MYSQL and Mongo DB administration
- Code versioning tools, such as Git
- AngularJS / ReactJS
- What you’ll work on: You will be working at the epicenter of energy transformation. You will be creating data-driven software solutions for forecasting and scheduling data in the renewables power market, while guiding your junior team members for the same. Ultimately, through your contribution to the renewable energy revolution, you will be doing your bit to mitigate the effects of climate change. These are a few things you can look forward to working on: Designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
- Identifying and mitigating security-related threats to the application.
- Using your expertise in database designing and application architecture planning for Core & MVC projects
- Debugging browser extensions & server tools
- Solving complex technical issues
- Ensuring quality projects are delivered within defined timelines
- Designing new frameworks, debugging and modifying existing frameworks
- Maintaining databases to ensure strong optimization and functionalities
- Working on multiple Renewables & Utilities projects in Power Market
- Guiding your peers and motivating them to do their best
- Designing and implementing the software as per the project requirements
- Taking responsibility to lead the project teams
Qualifications B.E / B. Tech / M. Tech / BSC in CS or IT
- 4-7 years of experience in the field
- Where you will work: Pune, Maharashtra
Must have Skills
Eastern Daylight [UTC -4]
Central Daylight [UTC -5]
Mountain Daylight [UTC -6]
Pacific Daylight [UTC -7]
english - Conversational