Job Description for QA Engineer ConsCent, owned by TSB Media Venture, is looking for a passionate, talented QA Engineer, to help test new products and scale our existing ones in a sustainable way. QA engineers at ConsCent work on a variety of products tackling payments, analytics and targeting systems in a variety of environments. Our QAEs are much more than black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripting and/or user-level automated tools. They uphold the standards and quality of the products delivered and are extremely active members of the development team.
You need to be a good communicator, be passionate about new testing methodologies and have great attention to detail. You should love taking up challenges, be curious and driven enough to find the scarcest of edge cases when dealing with complex flows.
- Work directly with the developers and product managers to understand the product vision and deliverables
- Strategize and implement new automated testing methodologies.
- Manual testing of new features rolling out and regression testing of existing systems
- Help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them at the earliest stage possible.
- Own the quality of the end product
- 2+ years of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents
- Experience in automated testing and automation tools like selenium / playwright/ cypress
- Experience with REST API testing with tools like POSTMAN.
- Familiarity with databases
- Exposure of overall QA life cycle of the solution and had managed complex projects with significant bottom line impact
- Experience with NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience testing SaaS applications
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience working in an agile environment