Roles & Responsibilities:
1. The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for DocsApp and its various products.
2. The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help strategise, execute product roadmap.
3. Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
4. Lead a team of 5-7 Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
5. Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at DocsApp.
6. Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24 months.
7. Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
8. Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
9. Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
10. Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
2. Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
3. Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced environment.
4. Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into opportunities for growth.
5. Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt quickly as per the demands of the situation.
6. Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite prioritization skills.
7. Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering team.
8. Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the right solutions in a timely manner.
9. Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
10. Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
11. Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
12. Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
13. One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
14. Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
1. Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
3. Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP