Oracle Apps Database Administrator -Technical Specialist
Technical Specialist -Oracle APPS Database Administrator
Education: BE / BTech / MCA
Experience: 8+ Yrs
Location: Mumbai / Hyderabad
Key Skills: Oracle databases 10g to 19c and Oracle applications 11i, R12, R12.2
1. 8+ years of experience in providing DBA support for large number of databases in Oracle.
2. An excellent understanding of Oracle internals and Administration in 10g, 11g, 11g, 12c, 19c GRID and HA. Experience in managing Real Application Clusters and Data guard is preferable.
3. Experience in RMAN and OEM is required.
4. Advanced Performance tuning skill to identify the contention at Database and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages and should have experience to interpret the performance metrics quickly.
5. Demonstrable experience of managing high-performance, high-capacity databases in a critical production environment
6. L3 level support. Handle escalations from L2 incident Management team.
7. Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks while under pressure.
8. Strong Oracle11gR1/R2 RAC experience including build, general administration, troubleshooting and L3 performance tuning skills.
9. Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
10. Experienced in Clusterware (GRID Infrastructure) - CRS management and configuration.
11. Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
12. Flexible at work and willing to work 24 X 7 Shift operations.
13. Good exposure to cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure etc) and certification in cloud technologies
14. Added advantage if the candidate be SME in anyone of the specialized/Advanced skills like RAC, Golden Gate, Exadata, Web logic, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Oracle Private Cloud Appliance (PCA), OAM, OBIEE, Discoverer, Hyperion, SQL/PLSQL Tuning etc.
1. Needs to have at least 8 years of experience on Oracle Applications/Database administration, including customer communication experience.
2. Willing to work 24/7 environment. Must be flexible to work on weekends and after business hours, if required.
3. Willing to work extended hours for supporting projects and troubleshooting issues
4. Must have the strong communication skills to deal directly with business and development teams.
5. Must have strong technical skills to manage and take ownership of technical projects without any assistance.
6. Expert in Troubleshooting any kind of issue.
7. Proficient Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) DBA skills with Backup and Recovery
8. Full R12 Oracle Applications lifecycle support
9. Implementing database and application patches, new releases including major upgrades
10. Practical knowledge of Parallel Concurrent Processing as well as debugging concurrent managers and requests
11. Working with AD utilities, patching techniques and cloning tools Develop and maintain expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation
12 They should have hands-on architecture, installation, upgrade, production support and Discoverer (OBIEE Standard Edition) skills.
13. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills for the Oracle Application.
14. Shell scripting and work automation/troubleshooting
15. Experience in OA System Administration e.g. User, Security, Performance/Concurrent Managers
16. Experience with setting up of Single sign-on, OID etc
17. Must be proactive and self-motivated, and not wait for direction.
18. Must be easily understood and possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and writing skills.
GOOD TO Have:
• SSO and SSL implementation knowledge with Oracle Application.
• SOA/OBIEE Implementation and Administration knowledge.
• Supporting Oracle Applications Integration with Oracle SOA Suite.
• Experience with new 12.2 technology stack including WebLogic.
• Oracle Fusion Middleware knowledge.
o Oracle Certified professional (9i/10g/11g) (Optional)
o Oracle Application Certified (11i/R12) (Optional)
o Cloud Certifications (OCI, AWS, Azure) (Optional)
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. You will be reporting to Manager and work on the tasks assigned.
2. You will be responsible for configuring, projects, documentation, and performance tuning, cloning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and patching the Oracle EBS system.
3. Ensure you meet the deadlines and the SLAs.
4. You will serve as the first point of escalation for the Tier 2 and Jr. DBAs.
5. Prepare and update documents for the customer tasks whenever required.
6. Document all the issues and their solutions for future references.
Must have Skills
english - Fluent