At Outsized, our goal is to build a product that can more effectively use technology to efficiently match the right freelancer or firm to the right client. Matching is a tricky problem to solve and has many layers from algorithms to the psychology infused in the visual design. It means we obsess over the user experience, both internal and external. We creatively consider the right flows and inputs to get results quickly for both clients and freelancers.
Our tech stack is built to efficiently match the right freelancer or firm to the right client. Our obsession with matching the right skills to the right opportunities encompasses all components from our matching algorithm to our data collection and user experience. In matching Engineering and Product with customer-centricity, we can create unparalleled experiences for our clients.
Our goal is to move towards a platform that supports AI-enabled search and suggestions in all of the most important data-entry fields as well as search results.
Our type of people:
- We are looking for experienced react.js engineers with first-rate programming skills to join the team. In this role, you'll own the engineering work and make some of the most significant decisions for the Company. We’ll work to protect your time to code as much as possible. You should have excellent problem solving capabilities and think on your toes -- creatively balance tradeoffs to make the right decisions for the product. You should be a team player and have great communications skills since you’ll be interacting with the leadership team (don’t worry, we’re fun!).
- We value those with an entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You ought to be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces. You must have excellent attention to detail; and you should be flexible and comfortable to learn new technologies and systems
Must have skills:
- Python(Falcon or Flask)
- Experience with SSR development.
- Understanding of AWS cloud services.
- 2-4 years of experience in developing react.js applications
- Specific languages and environments needed:
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux
- Good to have: working knowledge of python, node.js, mysql, graphql
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent eye for detail
- Produce quality code as per designs (write code that makes you proud!)
- Ramp up quickly on any new language / protocol
- Knowledge of design patterns, technology standards and best practices
- Should be able to think innovatively and laterally and able to quickly solve problems at business or field level
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team