Senior Software Engineer
Senior/Lead Software Engineer - Development
* OpenBMC, BIOS, BMC
* Networking System
* Low level drivers and firmware
* Platform bringup
* Worked on low level firmware validation
* C/C++ programming language
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement OpenBMC Firmware for GPU Server platforms focus on but not limited to Arm architecture.
- Hands on work with bringing up of BMC firmware, performance analysis and coding various server manageability features Designing solutions for errors, stats & configuration appropriate to CPU, GPU, DIMM, SSDs, NICs, IB, PSU, BMC, FPGA, CPLD etc. for enterprise readiness of Server platforms.
- Designing and developing performance optimized active monitoring BMC solutions using DMTF Standards including MCTP, Redfish, SPDM and PLDM specifications
- Working closely with hardware teams to influence hardware design and review HW architecture & schematics.
What we need to see:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, and 5+ years of experience.
- Domain expertise in BMC Firmware development on X86 or ARM Platforms including BMC-BIOS communication, thermal management, power management, firmware update, device monitoring, firmware security, etc.
- Board Bring-up expertise with hands-on experience in Device drivers like I2C/I3C, SPI, PCIe, SMBus, Mail-box etc. as well as the device trees for uboot and Linux kernel.
- OOB or In-band System Management experience with exposure to standards IPMI, KCS, DMTF Standards (PLDM, MCTP, Redfish, etc), PMBus, NVMe, etc.Understanding on REST architecture style especially JSON over HTTPs with OAuth
- Strong programming and scripting skills using C/C++, Bash, Python, Go etc. both for Linux user-space programs and system programs with thorough code reviewing skills.
- Strong in Linux fundamentals, various Linux distributions and packages, Linux upgrade mechanisms, building and deploying Linux images.
- You should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, good work ethics, high sense of team-work, love to produce quality work and commitment to finish your tasks every single day.
- You are a self-starter who loves to find creative solutions to challenging problems