Full Stack Developer
Groupit - A place for all communities
- Exhibit A: No communication layer - Indian Railways has over 13L employees but no way to reach each of them on the same day. Coal India has 5L employees and has the same problem.
- Exhibit B: Reliance on asynchronous communication - ICAI (The Professional Chartered Accountants body) relies on 1000s of WhatsApp groups to reach the more than 3L members and 2L students.
- Exhibit C: Lack of effective payment collection - The INTUC Trade Union (3 Cr members) struggles to collect membership fees from its members. Most of it is never received or siphoned off.
What? - Community Platform to manage large communities
- Over 20% of the country is part of at least one large community (1000+ members). However, it is tough to communicate with all group members, collect payments and organise events.
- Slack and Discord solve a lot of these problems for tech-savvy users but the large chunk of 500 Mn+ users residing in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities have no easy, simple solution.
- In conversation with the Target Group, we realised the following:Things still happen manually.
- Membership forms are printed, handed out, filled in. At times they are scanned.
- There exist terrible cash collection mechanisms etc. We realised the same problem persists for a number of large communities in our network. (10L+ members)
- That is where apps like Kutumb came up and swept the market. However, apps like Kutumb themselves have a number of challenges. (https://kutumb.app/)
- We are making a simple, app-first platform for community leaders to build, engage and manage their communities. (Eg. Trade Unions, Religious groups, Political organisations, Professional bodies etc.) These communities can accept membership fees, donations etc.
- App Referenceshttps://kutumb.app/
- 500 Million people who have only been serviced with apps like WhatsApp.
- Advertising, Vertical integrations, payments etc can provide significant recurring revenue.
- I come from a family of lawyers and High Court judges. We have a strong network of Trade Unions, Religious and Political organisations and Professional bodies (CA, Law, Medicine).
- Community-driven products depend more on network effect than anything else. With the right team, we can solve a problem at scale and create tremendous value for the people at large.
- Join in if you are a software developer (App, Web, Back-End, Front-End)
- Join in you believe in this problem and want to be part of the team that solves it.
- ESOPs, $$$, Flexibility, Part Time till we reach a certain stage.
Contract Base Less than 30 hrs / Week
Eastern Daylight [UTC -4]
Central Daylight [UTC -5]
Mountain Daylight [UTC -6]
Dubai [UTC +4]
New Delhi [UTC +5]
english - Fluent
hindi - Fluent