As a Manual QA Engineer, you will be working in a diverse team with members located around our different offices, with whom you will be working hand-to-hand. You will be working in our offices in Guadalajara, together with the engineering and product teams, as well as in constant contact with the teams in India and UK.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Define and create test scenarios, Ad-hoc, Functional, Regression and Sanity/Smoke testing.
- Collaborate with our internal teams, especially our Engineering & Product teams to understand use cases and create tests.
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Analyse requirements to identify all relevant tests scenarios and edge cases, to meet End-User.
- Identify and document defects with deep root cause analysis and risk and impact analysis.
- Coming up with out-of-box scenarios to edge cases for features.
- Take part in our sprint planning and other internal meetings, providing input, suggestions and recommendations as needed.
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Experience in Manual Testing and QA.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Having expertise in defect management and reporting.
Good to have: JIRA experience, testing distributed systems, testing on Web Services and UI technology, basic knowledge of Java, APIs Testing with Postman or similar, SQL.
Your career progression
In Blue Optima, we strive to strengthen your skills, widen your scope of work and develop your career fast. For this role, you can expect develop as Manual QA, as well as growth as Automation QA or PM. Also, acquire knowledge in the latest technologies....
Blue Optima’s vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers with technology that pushes the limits of what has been done before.
We are a global company currently located in 4 countries: London (our HQ), Mexico, India and the US. A total number of 210+ employees (and increasing every day) from +34 different nationalities and with over 25 languages spoken. We promote an open minded environment and encourage our employees to create their own success story in this high performance environment.
- 30 Aguinaldo days
- 25% Holiday bonus
- 25 vacation days + 7 extra bank holidays.
- Major medical insurance, Vision and Dental.
- Saving fund
- Grocery card
- Social security based on 100% payrol
- Flexible Work from Home policy - 2 days home per week
- Flexible Work from Long Distance - 4 weeks a year
- Free drinks and snacks in the office & High quality equipment
- International travel opportunities
- Global annual meet up (most recent meetups have been held in Cancun and India)
Stay connected with us on LinkedIn or keep an eye on our career page for future opportunities!
Must have Skills
english - Conversational