Vmware/Wintel Lead Engineer
In this position, you will perform engineering tasks related to VMWare, Windows at a senior/Lead level. The candidate will create engineering level documentation consumable by system administration, operations and support staff as well as mentor junior staff.
- Interact with & Lead the Global Teams to support the client infrastructure
- Responsible for supporting a variety of platforms including: desktops, laptops, tablets, VDI, printers, kiosks, and wireless scales
- Address patching/maintenance activities utilizing technologies such as Ivanti Shavlik
- Interface with business clients to recommend and develop technical solutions based on business requirements
- Adheres to required policies and procedures (CRQ, INC, problem management, project management etc.)
- Engaging other teams to peer review proposed changes to standards
- Communicating documentation and policies to management
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- College Degree in computer science, information sciences or related field and 7-8 years of experience; or 10+ years relevant experience
- Strong Team management skills and ability to inspire team for high performance (Senior role)
- Strong experience with VMware ESX, ESXi, vCenter.
- Strong experience with SRM, VSAN, NSX V/T is expected.
- Strong knowledge of Wintel computer hardware & operating systems (Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019) is required
- Should experience with VMWare, Windows servers in an administration, operations and support role
- Knowledge of industry standard maintenance practices and monitoring tools is required
- Experience with Windows Active Directory is required
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise grade virtualization
- Strong working knowledge in enterprise storage solutions is a plus
- Understands patching and Patch Management
- Good understanding of ITIL and SLA Management with Customer teams
Machine Learning Engineers
Must have Skills