You’ll be building new features for our flagship wind farm design application – a unique tool for optimising and analysing wind farms.
Description of Role
Our vision as a company is to be world-leading at finding and designing new wind farm sites. We are building a set of tools, approaches and engineering processes that combine to form a capability to undertake the technical management of wind farm development at a significantly improved level of sophistication over existing standard industry approaches. To achieve its aim, Wind Pioneers is constantly striving to build new tools that are one of its kind and a game changer in the industry. As a frontend developer you will be building new features onto our new flagship application.
· Participate in our Kanban-based development process to build new components and user interaction workflows for our flagship application
· Liaise with UX/UI designers and implement new components/views for major features (with support from the lead engineer and other developers)
· Make tweaks to the design and add minor new features of your own volition
· Maintain and update the frontend stack and dependencies
· Learn, use and help refine on our git-based release and QA process
· Work directly for a hugely experienced lead engineer
Candidate Requirements We’re looking for a person with an excellent footing in frontend development, some familiarity with the stack and an absolute passion for producing beautiful, well-functioning User Experiences by writing beautiful, well-functioning Code.
You are a person with:
· 3-10 years of experience building front-end web applications, please also tell us about related degrees or training.
· Any UI/UX design experience will also be a great benefit to the role.
· Great deal of attention to detail · Can-do, flexible and pro-active attitude to work
· Particular about getting things right - both at the code/data level and further up, encompassing design, layout and user experience. Your experience should highlight the projects you’ve worked on and problems you’ve solved - especially, please do tell us all about the subtle decisions you made that were the difference between a good UI and a great one.
We’ve carefully selected our frontend stack to enable us to build one of the most elegant and functional UIs in the wind industry - engineers can now design wind farms with the click of a button. You don’t have to be an expert with all of these, but enthusiasm for working with the following tooling is essential: React and modern ecosystem libraries like react-query and react-hook-form
- Material-UI as a basis for design theming and componentry
- Storybook and chromatic visual testing tools
- Lerna and Yarn for library and application dependency management
- Figma and/or Sketch for design management and concepts
Wind Pioneers’ Offering
- Be part of a focused team with a clear vision, dedicated to making an outsized impact in the way that wind farm projects are found and evaluated.
- We build people up to be the best in the world.
- Have the opportunity to be involved in development of Wind Pioneers’ tools
- Enjoy a friendly, relaxed office environment and team culture
- Benefit from flexible working conditions
- Over the years grow towards becoming a principal developer - capable of architecting feature-rich, high-quality webapps, UIs and libraries.
- Receive a market-based salary along with addition of a six-monthly bonus from Wind Pioneers’ revenue share scheme
Must have Skills
english - Fluent