Full Stack Developer
1) Design and develop robust services in coordination with front-end developers, ensuring the production and development of high-quality and well-tested code
2) Design, develop and test features alongside other technical departments
3) Lead the department in the design, development, deployment, and operation of services used by our users
4) Optimize APIs for any applications while creating and maintaining unit tests for new code as well as fix defects
5) Participate in the continuous integration of automated builds and deployments, ensuring that deliverables meet functional and design requirements and specifications of the software.
6) Work with engineering leadership in solving and architecting solutions for challenging or complex site/software development issues
Knowledge and Skills:
a) Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed environment.
c) Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
e) Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks
f) Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
h) Worked on serverless technologies
i) Strong knowledge of RDBMS and any other NoSQL database technologies (MySQL , Postgresql, Redis, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.) .
j) Experience with building self-healing, automatic fault detection and recovery mechanisms is good to have.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate a generally high degree of computer, IT and electronic technology literacy supported by excellent transferable skills, such as:
I. Excellent, articulate and persuasive communication (oral and written) skills
II. Coordination, result-oriented project planning and team-working skills
III. Excellent time, task, project and self-work management skills
IV. Willingness to participate in problem solving and engage in challenging assignments by taking ownership 5. General willingness to train, motivate and guide people.
In addition, with regards to showcasing and demonstrating exceptional leadership qualities demanded by our business, an ideal candidate (should):
1. Always delivers on personal and team objectives.
2. Is relentless in pursuit of major business improvements and successes.
3. Is intensely involved in detail as appropriate to get the job done
4. Does not wait to be asked or told, but identifies what needs to be done to ensure objectives are delivered
5. Takes ownership to resolve issues, involving and trusting others to support where appropriate
6. Always displays a ‘Can-Do’ approach and constantly seeks opportunities to remove obstacles
7. Shows determination to deliver and never gives up, despite obstacles
8. Constantly evaluates workload and priorities accordingly to ensure maximum performance against objectives
9. Sources, analyses and structures data to support decision making
10. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions by probing all fruitful sources both internally and externally for answers
11. Reaches out to colleagues, going the extra mile to support as necessary to meet business needs
12. Does not detract from maintaining exemplary conduct when faced with pressure and setbacks
13. Seeks to understand impact of actions on other business functions, particularly operations
14. Develops a detailed justification and presents ideas with full benefits demonstrated
15. Adopts a disciplined approach to assess and manage risks associated with change
16. Develops a business case, relevant success criteria, risk assessment and stakeholder map
17. Appropriately plans all projects and significant pieces of work, breaks them down into discrete activities with clear timelines and ownership. Keeps the project plans updated by flagging any changes in schedule and communicating the consequences
18. Runs approved projects, delivering against targets and communicating risks and progress
19. Plans resource as necessary to progress project without delays
20.Delivers business results by maintaining view of ‘big picture’ and addressing business needs