Our mission at Josh is to unlock human potential and our areas of work include inspiring, informing, skilling and placing the youth from Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 towns. We use our content-first approach in vernacular languages to influence and impact our target audiences. As of August 2020, 45Mn people watch Josh Talks monthly and over 110,000 people are enrolled in our courses. Our upskilling platform, Josh Skills which has access to 3000+ course creators, has more than 1M downloads and 1,50,000 paid subscribers who are enhancing their skills in their language. The most popular courses being English Speaking, Personality Development, Basic Computer Skills. At Josh Talks, we work with various enterprises and organisations across the country. We strategize and implement public policy, CSR and brand programs by leveraging our assets such as video production, brand positioning, community building and content distribution. We also work with communications offices of International Organizations such as UNDP and ILO. More information about our work can be found on www.joshtalks.com.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be working on product development and be at the forefront of helping Josh Talks reach every corner of India. In this role, you will work through all facets of application development: design, prototype, implementation, testing and documentation.
● Design, Develop and Maintain a scalable backend for our Josh Skills Mobile Application.
● Design clean, elegant and extensible APIs.
● Optimise all possible processes to save time, money and resources.
● Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Work closely with product and different business teams to identify new requirements for the platform.
● Participate in mentoring juniors, design discussion and create detailed design and implementation.
Skills & Qualifications:
● At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs.
● Must have at least 2.5 years of experience specifically in Django Web Framework.
● Must have at least 3 years of industrial software development experience in total.
● Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, problem-solving and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
● Hands-on experience with Container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes).
● Network admin experience with Linux and any cloud exposure, like GCP or AWS.
● Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming.
● Knowledge of SOLID Design Principles.
● Familiarity with the latest web development frameworks and tech-stack.
● Strong understanding of REST API framework.
● Strong Experience in relational(Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB).
● Strong fundamentals in Microservice Architecture, Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
● Understanding of agile development concepts.
● Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
● Experience with asynchronous tasks like Celery etc.
● Strong understanding of queuing like RabbitMQ & Redis.
● Ability to multitask.
● Familiarity with the software development process, including specification, quality assurance and documentation.