Azure Cloud Solution Architect
The role is suited to a highly experienced, technically strong cloud solution architect who can demonstrate exceptional vision, creative solution design, and leadership in Azure environments. The ability to build, implement, and execute is paramount to the successful candidate’s skill set. The role will provide leadership in the creation, design, and overall architecture of Azure cloud services framework, while providing technical leadership to the engineering and operational divisions of the organization. The position will require clear communication and oversight of best-of-class security and compliance requirements throughout the entire Infrastructure team.
The position will serve as SME to the organization for forward-thinking and emerging technologies and adjacencies to the Azure service within the scope of an agile and modern enterprise grade operating environment.
The candidate will have strong and proven experience in the above technologies as well exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to solve complex customer-focused problems efficiently, securely, and with dependable repeatably. The candidate will excel in a fast-paced, constantly challenging environment, and will demonstrate a deep passion for continually staying ahead of fast-changing technologies.
- Lead the creation and scaling of Azure-based cloud frameworks, building and implementing solution from concept to delivery.
- Develop secure, automated, scalable, and repeatable solutions in a zero-trust environment focused on migration from on-prem or other-cloud to Azure.
- Oversee and lead execution of multiple M&A migrations in mid-to-large enterprise environments.
- Provide timely solution architectures in high-volume, rapid deployment scenarios.
- Guide and mentor engineering colleagues, ensuring all levels of DevOps drive excellence in delivery of security, compliance, and maintenance of client solutions.
- Take ownership of proprietary infrastructure, providing long-term input to Senior Executive team for technical roadmap.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of Azure cloud resources beyond basic VMs.
· Azure Expertise: IaaS, PaaS, VM Migrations, VNet, Traffic Manager, Azure Cloud Services, SQL Azure, Active Directory, Databricks, ExpressRoute, Power Shell, OMS, Security Centre, Blob storages. Virtual Networks, Web applications, SQL DB and Backup.
· Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience - scripting and automation via AZ CLI/PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, JSON templates
- Hands-on experience building and securing Azure cloud resources
- Knowledge of private endpoint and building a private cloud within Azure
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and hands-on experience of migrating workloads to Azure (Azure Migrate or other tools)
- Knowledge or experience with CI/CD tools, preferably Azure DevOps
- Logical thinking, troubleshooting, presentation, and communication skills with strong drive for results
- Innate interest for Microsoft technologies, Azure cloud and a desire to constantly grow, learn and enhance your skills in this area
- Experience of administering and operating medium/large enterprise infrastructure and services in public cloud environments, including configuring backup, monitoring, patching and security of cloud resources
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, be a “task master.”
- Comfortable with the management of Remote desktop and Published Apps environment.
- Ability to automate repetitive IT tasks through PowerShell and other tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to understand customer business problems and clearly formulate and articulate high level solution plans.
- Bachelors / Masters degree (in Computer Science or related area) or an equivalent
- Azure certifications
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) expertise
- Azure: 5+ years (Preferred)