- Ability to work autonomously and good written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Linux systems and the command line.
- Knowledge of core Computer Science topics like Data Structures, Algorithms, Databases, Operating Systems, OOP, Networking, and Distributed Systems.
- Writing maintainable, reusable and testable code on a daily basis.
- Willingness to pick up new technologies and curious to learn.
- Basic understanding of security best practices.
- Familiarity with building REST services with Java Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Node / Express JS.
- Experience with RDBMS mainly writing SQL queries, query optimization, schemas, constraints, triggers.
- Experience with integrating third-party services and libraries into existing systems.
- Familiarity with Version Control using Git.
- Ability to integrate and work with AWS services, mainly SQS, SNS, S3, SES, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloudformation, Cloudfront and any new services if required.
Good to have
- Prior TDD experience is good to have.
- Experience with JUnit, Jest, Mocha, PyTest would be a bonus.
- Perform code reviews and willingness to work on feedback as well as share feedback about code.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture is a bonus.
- Familiarity with working in Agile environments.