Quality Assurance Specialist
Position based in Kochi, not Remote
We are looking for a dynamic Software Test Engineer who would develop and execute exploratory tests with a focus on both front-end and back-end to ensure product quality. The tester is responsible for working with the development team and business users to perform QA testing based on documented business requirements.
The QA Tester creates and maintains test plans and scripts and carries out hands-on testing efforts manually and using automated test tools to exercise software. The tester also creates and updates defect tracking logs and works with development teams and users to ensure that all defects are resolved.
- Engage in functional, regression, compatibility, acceptance, and end-to-end testing of software solutions
- Review and analyze functional and business requirements, and define/document suite of test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure complete testing coverage
- Execute test cases/scripts to test, verify, and validate the quality/functionality of web applications
- Buildup and Execute Automated Test Collections to test REST API endpoints.
- Identify and document/log defects/bugs, and re-test them when resolved.
- Track defects through defect resolution, retest, and closure
- Well-versed with Software Quality Assurance - all aspects of functional, automated, and performance testing within a web application development environment
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in an agile development environment and the role and responsibilities of QA within the team
- Understanding the methodology and having the ability to test and validate back-end APIs systematically.
- Understanding the methodology and having the ability to systematically test and verify that front-end work products comply with UI/UX requirements
- Ability to collaborate with the Product Owner and the Developers to understand the functional and business requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze requirements and understand technical documents
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts with full traceability to business requirements
- Ability to evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Familiarity with testing tools, processes, and methodologies
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications / Tools experience:
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering or quantitative/analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as a QA Engineer or Test Engineer - automating REST API testing
- Experience with MS SQL Server, Postman, Fiddler, SOAPUI, and Browser developer tools
- Exposure to Node.js code from a support perspective and Unit Testing
- Familiarity with Jira for defect logging and tracking
- Foundational or Advanced level ISTQB or equivalent certification desired
Project Managers (Team Lead)
Analysts (Non programmer role)
Must have Skills
english - Fluent