Java Backend Engineer
BlueOptima’s vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers across all industries.
We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of what has been done before.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We currently are located in 4 countries: England (our HQ), Mexico, India and the US. A total number of 180+ employees (and increasing every day) from 22 different nationalities and with over 25 languages spoken.
We promote an open minded environment and encourage our employees to create their own success story in this high performance environment.
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Job summary: This Java Backend Engineer role is a high-impact role at the heart of our international engineering team. If you’re looking for true features ownership and exciting implementation projects, join us!
Master your technical skills through team collaboration. You’ll be working directly with Stakeholders/PM from the initial requirements to creating real change for our users - own the whole process through the design, review process, test units, implementation and monitoring.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software.
- Take part in software and architectural development activities.
- Debug application issues and help support respond to client queries.
- Provide accurate estimates, clearly communicate status of tasks and identification of risks.
- Commit to accomplishing the task in the fastest and most reliable way
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels
- Interact with customers and help address issues reported
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with Java - Understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate/ ORM
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Understanding of SQL concepts
- Desired but not required technical skills: Jira/Git, testNg/JUnit, web application servers, database partitioning and column Indexing, design patterns.
Your career progression: In BlueOptima, we strive to strengthen your skills, widen your scope of work and develop your career fast. For this role, you can expect to grow into a Senior Engineer where you’ll be able to manage a team and take more of an architectural role from designing infrastructure.
Why join our team?
Culture and Growth:
- Global team with a creative, innovative and welcoming mindset.
- Rapid career growth and opportunity to be an outstanding and visible contributor to the company's success.
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment.
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- 30 Aguinaldo days
- 25% Holiday bonus
- 25 vacation days + 7 extra bank holidays
- Major medical insurance, Vision and Dental.
- Social security based on 100% payroll
Must have Skills
english - Fluent