Business Technology Project manager
Manomay is a Global IT Consulting & InsurTech Firm with exclusive focus on the Insurance industry. With business technology alignment as the key emphasis, we work with multiple insurance companies both on Consulting (Strategic/Management/Implementation/Measurement) and Technology (InsurTech Products and Custom Specific Solution Development). Our Customer Base is spread across USA and Caribbean Islands (Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Barbados, Bahamas, and Jamaica).
Whether it is Consulting or Software Development, our focus is to help Insurance Companies solve those “unsolved” problems, that are not yet comprehensively addressed in the current realm of Company and the Market. These span across legacy technology, rip & replace challenges, indecisiveness about enterprise IT, changing customer expectations & positioning, changing market dynamics, people & process challenges, integrations & associations etc.
Our Technology Stack is of latest order using a combination of the new gen technologies AI, ML, RPA, Digitization & Analytics etc. developed off Python and its frameworks (primarily) + other web frameworks like Angular and Node JS etc.
Because, as a Company, we are
1. Entrepreneurial in culture, where we encourage trying new ideas and quickly failing in the spirit of innovation and continuous improvement.
2. Continuously relevant for our customers and ourselves
3. Strong in our value system
a. Delivering "consistently right & better value to the customer"
b. Being "accountable, beyond self, for all of us"
c. Being consistently curious ""Why do we do what we do?"
d. Challenging ourselves with new targets "Every finishing line is a new starting line"
e. Focusing on consistent betterment ""There is always a better way to do"
4. Responsible for the growth of each one of us – we believe that Growth has to be Game!
Qualification and experience
- Degree in BE/ BTech from premium institutes (such as IIT, IIIT, IIM, NIT etc.) with at least 7 to 8 years of IT industry experience, preferably in financial services domain. P&C Insurance would be ideal.
- Experience of working in the capacity of a project manager for a minimum of 2 to 3 technology solution implementation which are deadline driven and ensured successful delivery in terms of scope, timelines, and costs.
- Experience of working with/managing multiple teams and dependencies – what needs to happen in parallel and what needs to happen in sequence
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum framework – defining sprints, scrum calls and milestones definition etc.
- Experience of working on a minimum of 3 to 4 technology implementations E2E – right from discovery to delivery and maintenance in the capacity of a developer and
- Expertise in application development through any of the programming languages and UI/Backend Frameworks, preferably in Angular, Node JS, Python (Django/Flask).
- Experience of working with source control tools
In case there is no specific expertise as a ‘Biz’ Tech Project Manager, the candidate should be willing to learn and understand the Business domain, which in case of Manomay is Insurance
As a project manager
1. Team player – Rightly aligning with the team and mentoring them as needed for the right delivery. Ensure that everyone works together as a team.
2. Decision Maker – Able to take the decisions and guiding the team, most importantly in pressure situations
3. Taking ownership – of Team, Project, and its delivery, ensuring successful Customer Service
4. Proactive Nature – Be it customer communication, problem solving, dealing with project deviations, blockers or showstopper issues, being proactive in identifying the alternate options and having a parallel approach in execution of projects is of key importance