Full stack Engineer
We're an EdTech startup based in Silicon Valley founded by former Facebook and Google engineering and product leaders. We are building revolutionary EdTech software and hardware products with a mission to advance and personalize education at scale.
We're looking for sharp and self-motivated software engineers to join us on our mission. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Great candidates are characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated capabilities in problem solving. Ideal applicants will have sharp coding skills and bring a passion for being part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
You can expect the following:
- Get a chance to work on every part of our tech stack
- Start writing production code on Day 0
- Work and own a core feature/product, and help drive strategic technical decisions
- Receive mentor-ship from our engineering leaders who have years of experience in big tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft.
- Learn how to build a startup
- Work remotely and choose a flexible work schedule
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Participate in all phases of development (architecture, design, implementation, debug, validation & verification) of application software
- Implement new features using MEAN framework
- Create unit tests and assist with testing, debugging, and documentation
- Participate in software architecture design discussions
- Create and document designs
- Interface with Product Managers to spec features and develop timelines
- Recommend upgrades for existing systems and programs
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software
What we're looking for
Our stack: MEAN hosted on GCP with a bunch of microservices and Firebase.
- Experience driving, building, testing, and shipping high quality products
- Strong experience in full-stack software design and development principles
- Full stack experience using MEAN Framework
- Understanding of performance optimization across the database, back-end APIs, and front-end clients
- Understanding of most cloud technologies, via either PaaS such as App Engine, Kubernetes and Docker or cloud VM’s
- Ability to learn quickly
- You care deeply about the user
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
This is a great opportunity to make a massive dent in an important and big space, while having lots of fun and learning a lot working with some awesome people.
We look forward to getting to know you! Let’s Better Education!