Software Engineer QA
- Ensure that our products are awesome and of high quality.
- Confirm, verify bugs, and determine steps to reproduce.
- Design and implementation of internal automation tools for QA.
- Building front end, UI, API, load, performance, and UAT test suites for our applications.
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, and development Teams on projects to understand requirements and create, automate, execute, manage and report test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Own QA activities for the scrum team and drive scoping, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling test activities.
- Be the first point of contact for all client issues, debug them and get them resolved in time for a better customer experience.
- Understand deployment scenarios and manage deployment to test environments.
- Drive the adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability with the organization.
- Talking about your work - we love open source software, heavily use them, and talking about how we use them is the least we can do to help the community. See our engineering blog.
- 4+ years of experience in manual and automation testing.
- Analytical ability to understand and work with complex application architecture.
- Well-versed in Functional Automation - Web and API.
- Knowledge of API testing and automation with Rest Assured.
- Proficient in any of the following Automation Tools - Selenium / Protractor.
- Experience in Performance/load testing with tools like Jmeter is a bonus.
- Hands-on knowledge of testing backend platforms - Databases, Cache, and Queues.
- Knowledge in client-side debugging for RCA of bugs.
- Experience in creating and maintaining QA infra - Selenium Grid and Docker.
- Experience in Version control tools like Git. And CI tools like Jenkins are required.
- Keen inclination towards usability and end-user perspective of the application we build.
- Own QA Processes in scrums. Estimate and plan projects with accuracy.
- Contribution to open-source projects related to QA is a strong plus.
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethics.