Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Tools that we use
All our engineers at Wingify are involved in every part of our development life cycle. As an engineer at Wingify, you will be responsible for creating, monitoring, managing, and improving our product that is used by over 5000+ customers across 90+ countries.
- Development of our application’s front-end and our public websites.
- Participating in the design and implementation of new features.
- Evolving the architecture of our front-end.
- Talking about your work - we love open source software, we heavily use them and by talking about how we use them is the least we can do to help the community. See our engineering blog.
Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in developing front-end applications at scale.
- Understanding of the DOM, canvas rendering, and SVG.
- Deep understanding of how the browser works.
- Understanding of browser caching
- Experience in writing modular/reusable code and using JS frameworks.
- Experience with frameworks like Ember, Angular, Backbone.js, etc., especially about their internal working.
- Knowledge of high-level programming concepts like promises, data-binding.
- Experience with seamless integration of front-end to backend functionality.
- Track record of building great interfaces with the user experience in mind.
- Regard for optimizations that focus to deliver content to the user as quickly as possible.
- Good understanding of the constantly evolving world of front-end development.
- Understanding the similarities and differences across browsers (young and old).
- Understanding of different measurement and benchmarking tools.
- Experience with test-driven/behavior-driven development using automated testing tools.
- Experience in working in agile software development environments
- A latent love for writing beautiful and modular CSS, along with some experience with frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, etc is a plus.
- Experience with advanced CSS programming using LESS, SASS, or Atomic CSS is a plus.