Android Software Engineer
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, Nairobi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
Branch launched in India in early 2019 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. In 2020 we are building out a full Engineering team in India to accelerate our success here. This team will work closely with our engineering team (based in the United States, Nigeria, and Kenya) to strengthen the capabilities of our existing product and build out new product lines for the company.
As an Android Engineer you will design, build and maintain an Android app with the potential to unlock financial services for billions of people in emerging markets. As a member of a small, nimble team, you'll work directly with our product team to create beautiful, inspiring financial experiences for our customers.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting.
- Contributing to the design and development of our Android app (written in a mix of Java and Kotlin).
- Scoping new projects and features with our product team, and implementing them (including contributing to some parts of our backend systems when needed).
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contributing to the overall engineering roadmap, including building out new products for the Indian market and beyond.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in taking ownership of your own impact. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You are a passionate coder. You start and/or contribute to projects you’re excited about.
- You have experience architecting high-quality Android apps that interact with RESTful APIs and enjoy keeping up with the latest frameworks and development practices. It’s an additional bonus if you have working knowledge of languages such as Kotlin, Ruby and/or Python.
- You understand the value of writing thorough tests, and you are passionate about code quality and bug fixing.
- You are curious about new technologies and are eager to learn about and contribute to all parts of our technology stack.
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Comprehensive private health insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
This is a remote role. We are open to working with you as far as it is within the Indian Standard Time (IST) zone.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. And we’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Must have Skills
New Delhi [UTC +5]
english - Basic