Senior Full Stack Engineer
Why this role?
- Salary and Equity: £75,000 - £95,000 + 0.2% - 0.3% Equity
- Flexibility: Fully remote within the UK and EU, or you can choose to work from our London office
- Personal Development: £1000 training budget and 1 dedicated training day a month
- Ownership: Work with the team members to define the technical direction at Ember
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a software engineering team
- Production experience using React Native, Node, Typescript and GraphQL
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience writing automated tests - both integration and end to end
- Experience building continuous integration pipelines
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile teams, preferably startup
- Excellent communication skills
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Write high-quality code: As a developer your primary responsibility would be, well, to develop. You will be expected to produce readable code that scales.
- Own your work: As a developer, you will be responsible for the whole process of delivery, from the initial refinement to production deployment.
- Mentor: As a Senior developer you will be expected to mentor more junior developers in a form of pair programming or learning sessions
- Solutionise together: you’ll work closely with the Product Manager and Product Designer to understand what problem is being solved and why and brainstorm solutions together - with you owning the technical implementation side. We believe that magical things happen when the squad aligns often and early.
Our tech stack
- Front End: React Native, Next.js, Typescript
- Back End: Node.js, Prisma, GraphQL, Typescript, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: Github, Semaphore CI, Digital Ocean, Vercel, GCP
- Testing: Jest, Cypress
At Ember, we all share a common vision of making business easier. We move quickly, collaborate closely and trust each other to help maximize our collective impact. You can view our values in more detail here.
- Share Options: Everything we do is down to our team & we believe that we should all own a part of what we're building - that's why we give equity in the company to everyone on our team.
- Hybrid Working: Work where you do your best work. We have a beautiful London WeWork office that's available for anyone to use, we're also happy for you to work remotely or a bit of both.
- Training Days: Everyone in the team is encouraged to take 1 day a month to spend on personal & professional development. This helps both you & Ember level up.
- Learning & Education: We also provide everyone with an annual training budget of £1,000 to spend on books, courses, and conferences!
- Holiday: We offer 24 days of holiday a year, plus bank holidays – and we encourage you to use them all!
- Socials: There's an amazing camaraderie among the team and at least once a month we all like to get together and let our hair down a bit. The monthly all-hands is not one to miss!
- Work from Abroad: Everyone in the team is also eligible to take up to 4 weeks a year working from abroad. Whether it's Barcelona or Berlin - you can check into the local WeWork and go about your business.
- Health & Wellbeing: We offer paid sick leave for both physical & mental health.
- Family: We offer paid maternity, paternity, adoption, or shared parental leave if you’ve been with us for at least 13 weeks.
- Pension: We’ll automatically enrol you into our pension scheme with Smart Pensions. We pay 3% on top of your salary into this.
Inclusion & Diversity at Ember
At Ember, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Must have Skills
Greenwich Mean [UTC ±0]
english - Fluent