Software Development Engineer - Backend
We're the digital brokers in the trucking industry who want to reduce the carbon footprint and increase the efficiency of a truck. We want to see trucks moving with full truckloads both to and fro, and for this we are creating India's largest digital freight network - one truck at a time! We help load shippers discover trucks nearby and we help truckers discover loads nearby - we're on our way to be the Uber for Trucks.
We're Raaho - the next generation logistics management stack, bringing shippers, carriers, and drivers on the same platform. At 4+ years of age, we have grown 5 times in the last 9 months itself and more than 10 times in the last 24 months! We have worked with '000s of truckers and Trucks with Raaho loads have traveled 50 million kms (equivalent of 1000 + times round the earth!) .
Our founders are professionals and a combined experience of 100 + yrs with names like Airtel / Hoppr / Rivigo / Delhivery / Tech Mahindra / Tata Digital / Blue Dart / United Spirits / Snapdeal. Energy and calm, structure and chaos, problem-solving and creativity - we are looking for adventurous people who GET STUFF DONE.
Blow horn if you think it's a match!
What are we looking for?
As a Sr. Back-end Engineer (SSDE/BE), you’d play a vital a part in the whole lifecycle of application engineering - delivery and support functions at Raaho:
• Learn from the best: Apply best practices to design and provision services for data and end to-end process management via pre-built and custom frameworks
• Enable 10x growth: Make context-aware design choices for the implementations towards continuous balance of functional robustness, performance, ease of code maintenance - enabling readiness to scale transactions 10x from current volume
• Have a Product mindset: Drive solutions and implementation of a complete product engine, leveraging different open source distributed systems with focus on manageability,
Required Skills and Experience
You'd be an ideal candidate for the position if you meet most of these requirements:
• 3+ years of work experience in Back-end development of B2B/B2C web applications actively as part of product/application engineering teams
• Deep Hands-on with the Java - Spring ecosystem, with practice on Spring Boot subsystems: REST, DI, Service, Flux to support sync-async API flows, and Spring Data over NoSQL (Mongo/Redis) and SQL (Postgres) stores, including custom/native queries
• Hands-on past experience with NodeJS (1-2 applications live)
• Good know-how from experience with API Design over patterns such as sync, reactive, streaming use cases and data-intensive workflows that require optimization for transactional and reporting use cases
• Strong foundation in Data Structures and Algorithms
• Operational experience with AWS platform (development, deployment)
Nice-to-haves These are good points to have:
• Hands on Amazon AWS Platform - Compute Stack
• Hands on Continuous Integration systems
Must have Skills
New Delhi [UTC +5]
english - Conversational