WordPress Developers design, implement and manage websites using WordPress, a free, open-source content management system (CMS). They are responsible for both front-end and back-end development — everything from plug-ins to security updates. WordPress Developers establish and guide website architecture, so sites are attractive and user-friendly. They are responsible for WordPress training as well as troubleshooting and resolving website problems for clients and co-workers. WordPress Developers can work for many industries, including graphic design agencies, marketing firms, and computer systems design firms.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and manage websites using WordPress.
- Collaborate with members of a creative team.
- Manage front-end and back-end website development.
- Create WordPress plug-ins and themes.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers.
- Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and practices.
Education and Background
This position requires an associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer programming, computer science, or a related field. Employers look for job candidates with extensive WordPress experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency using WordPress.
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector.
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Free courses for team members: Lurnweb team members have free access to learn from any of our 200+ courses
- Free access to workshops, seminars, and programs by partnered institutions
- 5 day work weeks with flexible schedules
- Certificate of completion.
- Letter of recommendation.