Director Of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Location: At Insyncai Bangalore, India
About The Role
The Director of Engineering will lead a team of engineers. This leader will set the long term direction for the engineering team, will partner with Product, Business as well as other stakeholders to realize the vision for the company. This leader will lead the way for teams to evangelize ideas, will provide technical leadership as well as facilitate the platformization of the systems across the ecosystem. As an SEM this leader will partner with product teams on the articulation and realization of key business metrics, will lead the way for innovative solutions to complex and challenging domain problems and drive agility in execution by leading by example. This leader will build the team culture, drive accountability and responsiveness as well as provide mentorship and career development for the team.
- Build, lead and manage a technical team of top-notch engineers, tech leads, architects, data scientists and Engineering Managers (EMs) to design and implement highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, and operable products and platforms.
- Own end-to-end delivery for all existing as well as new client implementations, ongoing platform extensions and maintenance and oversee the complete product roadmap implementation.
- Assess the current technology state, evaluate options and define the technology strategy for the future.
- Drive technology innovations to derive much higher efficiencies and greater customer delight while maintaining ongoing operational stability of the current applications and systems.
- Work closely with product management and design teams to define the next generation of products and platforms for the company.
- Create clear career paths for team members to help them grow with regular and deep mentoring, attract and retain top talent keeping long term goals in mind.
- Take accountability for moving the key engineering metrics within his/her area and provide thought partnership to the product team and ensure collaboration among product, engineering, and business operation teams.
- Drive agility in execution, create a strong team culture of responsiveness by leading by example and own decision making around prioritization for better predictability.
- Provide value-added expertise in engineering design and decision oversight on conflicts around technical solutions.
- 9+ years of experience in building cutting edge products with 4+ years in managing teams of 8-15 engineers at different levels.
- BTech/B. E. or M. S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related fields).
- Proven track record of delivering products with high quality, familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools.
- Strong partnership with product and business teams that demonstrates effective collaboration and communication across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong prior experience in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture.
- Prior experience of working on AI technologies and consumer facing products will be a huge plus.
- Strong exposure and experience in rolling out new technology solutions in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Execution focused – knows how to get things done.
- Agile thinker, quick learner.
- Entrepreneurial – knows how to make the most of the constraints to achieve objectives, while delivering on commitments.
- Flexibility to adapt and adjust to a changing work environment as needed.
- Collaborative – knows how to work across boundaries in an early-stage environment.
- Has grit – knows how to recover from mistakes and failures, and bounce back to win.
Technology Experience (Required)
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (preferred), Python , Java
- Front-End: React/ AngularJS or similar and other Web technologies
- Cloud: Amazon AWS/ Google Cloud/Azure
- Data Stores: Postgres/MongoDB/Dynamodb etc
- ElasticSearch, Redis or similar caching and search frameworks
- System Security, Scalability, System Performance experience
- CICD: Kubernetes/ Terraforms/ Ansible/ Jenkins or similar
Insync started developing powerful customer experience automation solutions in 2017 for enterprise customers. Today, Insync is the champion of great sales and support service everywhere for everyone by unlocking the power of conversational AI and powering millions of conversations, enabling top enterprise customers with hundreds of millions of their users, by providing powerful human-like virtual assistants over chat, email, messaging, social channels and phone. Our products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in San Jose California, built and grown here and in Bangalore. Learn more at
Project Managers (Team Lead)