Backend Engineer (BE II)
We are looking for a young, passionate Backend Engineer - who is looking to help build powerful backend functionality for a product that could have a very large scale impact. At Surreal, the work we do today can have an impact on 100M+ students, teachers and parents of tomorrow
This position is based out of Hyderabad (on-site)
- You get to drive new features, take ownership of multiple intricate back-end functionalities. 80%+ of your work will be on new features and < 20>
- You will get to work very closely with the backend lead and Sr Backend Engineers - your inputs will be taken for DB Schema design of critical functionalities
- You will get to work on API response structures by coordinating with frontend team and Product team
- You get to build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around backend engineering. We value engineering fundamentals such as performance, reliability, diagnosis, deployment, manageability, security, compatibility.
- You will be closely involved in peer reviews of code
- You have a say in every functionality keeping user experience at the forefront. Freely pitch ideas and suggestions to product and design team
Qualifications to Apply :
(Kindly note that ALL of the qualifications are mandatory and candidates without all matching qualifications will not be considered)
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in software development.
- In-depth knowledge of NodeJS (Minimum 2 years).
- Recent Experience of working with Databases like Postgres, MySQL.
- Strong understanding of data structures.
- Must have expertise in coding MVC design patterns.
- Must be comfortable working with source control and unit testing.
- Knowledge of API specifications & documentation.
- Should have knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Good to have experience in AWS Cloud.
- We are working on bottom of the pyramid problems in the Indian in-school education sector, with 100’s of exciting & challenging problems to solve
- Our headquarters is located at WeWork, Hyderabad and we assure you that you will always have a great office space that fosters focused work, collaboration & creativity - t.ly/415n (Office Tour)
- We are building an environment of high trust and accountability. Your task handoffs will be detailed and well documented, you are expected to give deadlines for your own tasks
- We have built a team of young, passionate and dynamic individuals. We are a tight-knit group of people who celebrate and support the differences that make each of us unique
- We provide a politics free, ego free, highly collaborative environment - where everyone is collectively and effectively working towards a common goal
- We are getting ready for scale, any candidates joining us in this hiring run will have a tremendous growth opportunity with an ability to a big part of what happens next
Must have Skills
english - Fluent