SDE 3 Backend Node.js Developer
Crimson Enago flagship products
At Crimson Enago we are laser-focused on building AI-powered tools and services that significantly boost the productivity of researchers and professionals. Every researcher or professional goes through the stages of knowledge discovery, knowledge acquisition, knowledge creation, and knowledge dissemination. However, each stage is cognitively heavy and is tightly coupled. It is in this direction that we have our flagship products Trinka and RAx that focus on making all these four stages easy and fast.
About Enago Trinka
Trinka (www.trinka.ai) is an AI-powered English grammar checker and language enhancement writing assistant designed for academic and technical writing. Built by linguists, scientists, and language lovers, Trinka finds and corrects thousands of complex writing errors — so you don’t have to. Trinka corrects contextual spelling mistakes, and advanced grammar errors enhance vocabulary usage, and provides writing suggestions in real-time. Trinka goes beyond grammar to help professionals and academics ensure professional, concise, and engaging writing. With subject-specific correction, Trinka understands the nuances in the expression of each subject and ensures the writing is fit for the subject. Trinka's Enterprise solutions come with unlimited access and great customization options to all of Trinka’s powerful capabilities.
About Enago RAx
RAx (https://raxter.io ) is the first smart workspace that helps researchers (students, professors, corporate researchers) to be better and faster in their research projects. Powered with proprietary AI algorithms and a unique approach to solving problems with design and tech, RAx is set to be the default workspace for any research-heavy projects. Launched in 2019, the product connects information (Research papers, Blogs, Wiki, Books, Courses, Videos, etc.) to behaviors (reading, writing, annotating, discussing & more), opening up newer insights and opportunities in the academic space that was otherwise not possible (or not imaginable).
About the team
We are a bunch of passionate researchers, engineers, and designers who came together to build a product that can revolutionize the way any research-intensive projects are done. Reducing cognitive load and helping people to convert information into knowledge, is at the core of our mission. Our engineering team is building a scalable platform that deals with tons of data, AI processing over the data, and interactions of users from across the globe. We believe research plays a key role in making the world a better place, and we want to make it easy to approach and fun to do!
As an SDE-3 Backend, you will actively lead, setting top-class engineering examples, a team of young talented web developers, and take major responsibility for end-to-end project development and delivery along with the Engineering Manager (EM), Principal Engineer (PE), other SDE-3 leads, and Technical Project Manager (TPM). You will also assist them with hiring and training the team. In essence, your usual day will be primarily coding 100% of the time.
The person that we are looking for
We are seeking an SDE-3 at RAx ( https://raxter.io ) with 4+ years of enterprise backend web experience primarily working on the NodeJS-AWS (including serverless) stack. What we would love to see in you::
- Excellent research skills to frame technical solutions for complex business problems.
- You have experience with unit and integration testing. You believe in and encourage extensive test coverage and seek to automate testing whenever possible.
- 3. You will be responsible for designing and conducting a high-quality code-review process and maintaining highly performant, testable code with following strong software design patterns.
- You show remarkable foresight in designing optimized scalable solutions.
- You enjoy breaking down complex problems into small tasks and PRs to deliver value safely and incrementally.
- You will be actively reviewing approaches created by the tech team and helping them to find the optimal solutions to the problems.
- You take pride in estimating project efforts with reasonable accuracy and ensure healthy communication up to and down the chain of command.
- You will work with the Solution Architect, Engineering Manager, TPM, and other senior developers to optimize, update, and maintain cloud infrastructure and associated costs (AWS).
- 9. You are very well acquainted with best practices around project deployment and educate the team about the same.
- 10. You will be helping the TPM in the hiring process by making sure that we have a great tech team that has: (a) a high level of curiosity, (b) resourcefulness, (c) solid expertise level, (d) high attention-to-details, (e) superb commitment and reliability, and (f) obsession for amazing user experience.
- You have proven 2+ years of cost-efficient, robust, and highly scalable solution architecting experience.
- You have proven 4+ years of backend experience (Node.js).
- You have extensively worked with backend technologies including relational (Postgres/MySQL) and document (MongoDB) databases, Redis/Memcache; Kafka/RabbitMQ/Celery/AWS SQS, container orchestration (Docker Compose/Kubernetes), and CI/CD.
- You have strong experience working with AWS technologies like Lambda functions, SQS, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- You have a sound understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS processors, and CSS frameworks.
- You know when to write highly optimized vs highly maintainable code.
- You have very strong experience in the best practices around developer tooling and workflows.
- You consider testing, monitoring, and observability first-order priorities. Until your code runs in production and returns the results and metrics you expect, you know your work isn't complete.
- You have worked on high-impact projects, and you see software engineering as a team sport and like collaborating with fellow engineers, product managers, and others to deliver customer value. You are energized by working in a highly collaborative environment at a user experience-obsessed startup.
- You have very strong experience in profiling and impact analysis for code being written
- You are a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) freak.
- **Added advantage**: You have experience working with Elasticsearch server cluster optimization and Apache Spark/Ray.