Full Stack Back-End Developer
We're looking for a passionate Full-Stack Developer to help build the next generation of the company, a well-funded civic startup disrupting government procurement by aggregating, indexing, analyzing, and otherwise transforming government purchasing data. The client is a Code for America Accelerator company and has an incredible team of seasoned executives and engineers. They work hard but maintain a casual work environment with a strong culture as a tech startup. As a new member, you'll work closely with the senior team members to implement critical pieces of our modern, forward-thinking architecture – learning many new technologies as you touch every part of the application’s source code.
Note: Please do not apply if you do not meet any of the system requirements listed.
- At least 15mbps main internet and at least 10mbps for backup
- A desktop or laptop that has an i5 processor with at least 4 GB RAM and an i3 processor for backup
- Note: Back-ups should still be able to function when there is a power interruption
- A webcam
- Noise-canceling USB Headset
- Quiet, Dedicated Home Office
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or similar strongly preferred. Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience writing modern single-page web applications, ideally with React and MobX (or redux).
- Understanding of functional programming (solid lodash or ramda experience may be sufficient, real Category Theory for bonus points).
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrates determination in tackling complex projects and finding solutions.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, ElasticSearch, and/or Redis Preferred) is a great plus.
- Full-Stack JS Test (Our primary language).
- React (Used 10% front end integration only)
- Mongo (Our primary database)
- English Communication Skills
- Core moden JS
- Node JS
The working hours are based on USA time zones (Eastern Standard Time). At least 4 hours of time zone overlap should be there.