Backend DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for exceptional Backend DevOps Engineers to be a part of our ever-growing team working on an exciting new product, Skara. We expect you to have automation tooling experience and the necessary zeal to spearhead initiatives to build, monitor and maintain robust and stable systems.
Your key responsibilities as a Backend DevOps Engineer would be to
- Handle automations, monitor performance and build reliable cloud-based infrastructure
- Strategise, design and deploy our infrastructure spread across AWS, private VPSes and third party IaaS products.
- Build and run services for scalable systems to handle high-traffic workloads and perform computation heavy tasks
- Collaborate with teams to resolve infrastructure problems and if necessary, redesign those for efficiency and better product outcomes
- Design and optimise the CI and CD processes and their automations to improve developer productivity and optimise costs.
- Build and control end to end infrastructure and other complementary components for logging, monitoring and deployment among others
- Create playbooks and documentation for people without substantial DevOps expertise to dive into the system if necessary.
Your contribution to the platform architecture must ensure good code quality aligned with industry standards and best practices. Although all tasks are distributed among our engineers based on their domain expertise, there is no hard and fast rule stopping you from actively contributing to other aspects of our product. At any point if you witness a problem or scope for improvement with any portion of the existing code, you can default to action.
A big part of your role would be to help create a robust and resilient cloud infrastructure for handling the kind of load that Skara is expected to generate. As part of the product development team, you will also collaborate with our design and marketing teams to better align the product features with your domain expertise.
We constantly experiment with technologies and modify our tech stack(if we arrive at a collective decision that doing so would help us). With that in mind, we try to keep our knowledge base up-to-date (or sometimes dive deep into the past) to find an apt solution for novel problems. And to arrive at such important decisions, we always encourage our teams to stay on top of their research and self study game.
Skara believes in promoting a healthy work environment with enough space for all team members to learn and grow. And since we have several new engineering talents in the team and your role is senior level, we expect you to mentor and support them to implement effective mental models in their ways of programming.
Most importantly, we are looking for individuals who can work independently, and become a source of wisdom for things relevant to your domain. We are a small team, and as such everyone is T-shaped in their skillset. We are on our way to make it big in the SaaS industry and if that interests you, we suggest you apply now.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a solid understanding of at least one programming language(we work mainly with JS) with at least 2-3 years of experience of working in SaaS companies building and managing systems in the role of DevOps.
- You have hands-on knowledge of ways to approach deployment of various services, possibly in different tech stacks and using Kubernetes to our advantage
- You enjoy taking up complex challenges and use your learnings to help Skara sail through them in one piece
- You are used to working in a dev team practising Agile methodologies and believe your personality traits include certain degree of rigorousness, curiosity, autonomy and willingness to make impact
What should you expect from us?
- We take pride in being an equal opportunity workplace committed to have a diverse workforce
- We also take the notion of work-life balance seriously and encourage our people to occasionally take time off to relax and reset
- We look after each other’s backs with all the support one could require and get out of sticky situations as a team
- We also provide stipends to take up courses and certifications if required.