Now you can Instantly Chat with Manickam!
I have overall 11 years of experience in software development and management.4+ years in cloud AWS.
I have worn different hats as developer, BI Analyst, DBA , Architect. I practice time management and proper implementation and closure of...Show More
Aim of the project: Help customers to do banking effortlessly and transform normal banking to digital completely through mobile phones
Roles & Responsibilities: AWS Solution Architect
Never backed on taking additional roles, since as an organization, we were a startup in IT Sector. Managed the technical side of the Server side enterprise applications, responsible for design, development, performance and scalability. Details:
• Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud based infrastructure and its solutions
• Proficient inAWSservices like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
• Experienced in creating multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
• Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
• Involved in writing web API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of theAWSservices.
• Used security groups, network ACL’s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization inAWSpublic cloud.
• Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
• Created S3 buckets in theAWSenvironment to store files, sometimes, which are required to serve static content for a web application and KYC details and retrieve them through Web API
• Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
• Created topics in SNS to send notifications to subscribers as per the requirement.
• Worked on the databases of the Amazon RDS and carried out functionalities for creating instances as per the requirements.
• Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
• Experience in Migration and implementation of multiple applications from On Premises to AWS cloud.
• Created CloudFront distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the frontend servers.
• Implemented CloudTrail in order to capture the events related to API calls made toAWS infrastructure.
• Co coordinating with the designs team and involved in designing the UI of mobile apps.
• Implemented SMSC (Messaging Service) on Smpp Protocol and send notification to the customers through SMS.
• Planning and defining scope of various software products . Some of them are 1) Ok Dollar Mobile Wallet Payment 2) Train eTicket Booking System 3) Ebook Management and Ebook Reader
• Designed the whole backend system for Mobile Wallet Payment app “OkDollar” and provided solutions for the app development team and to design architecture for the mobile apps.
• Developed web application template to speed development of new applications while enforcing consistent deployment, configuration and maintenance.
• Re-factored single large web application into multiple web applications to increase capacity and performance and therefore availability of services.
• Introduced Oauth Security Framework to provide filter-based security for the web application.
• Introduced Deployment strategies including Octopus and TeamCity to automate the deployment and reduce the overhead of manual deployments.
Aim of the project: aims to make taxi booking easier and faster for commuters to get their rides by bringing the mobile booking services of all the cab operators under one platform.Allows you to reserve your ride for now or later avoiding the last minute hazzles.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Developed project plans and was also involved in the committee to capture the high-level details for the development of Project Charter
• Ensured milestones were met according to the schedule and reported promptly to the senior management.
• Facilitated weekly project meetings, Tracked issues and suggested solutions based on expert judgement.
• Producing documentation and training for users of a new IT system.
• Putting in place IT security measures.
• Closely worked with the technical team, guiding them for the deployment and management of the solution in AWS cloud.
• Closely worked with the marketing team and customer care team on service program and service issues based on the market analysis and customer feedback.
• Ensuring that sufficient resources and funding is available for executing all project activities.
• Updating the lessons learnt document and monitoring of the identified risks and mitigation plans and also updating the new risks identified and their effect on the project.
• Evaluating the success of the project against its benchmarking and sharing lessons or best practice with other organizations or project managers.Show More Show Less
Aim of the project: Help customers to book tickets online for travel. Integrated system for Flight ,Bus and Hotels booking. Implemented as a web Booking system and also mobile applications
Roles & Responsibilities: Solution Architect
• Responsible for launching EC2 instances and configuring launched instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets
• Automated Installation and configuration of applications through continuous deployments using Team City and Octopus.
• Responsible for creating alarms and notifications for EC2 using Cloud watch
• Build and configure a virtual data center in in AWS cloud to support enterprise level taxi application including VPC, private and public subnet ,security groups, routetables,Elastic Load Balancer.
• Created NACLs, Route Tables, Security Groups, WAF to enforce cloud security standards
• Enforced principle of least privilege for AWS access. Setup security audit trail for API access in AWS
• Implemented CDN for delivering content to mobile hybrid applications and API Gateways to invoke • Lambda functions from mobile applicationsShow More Show Less
Aim of the Project: Worked in Power and renewable energy management at STRANDS Energy, with main focus on the automation of power system, for SMART GRID design.
Role & Responsibilities: Team Lead
· Fetch the requirements from the clients (Boeing USA, Kinectrics Canada, ENDK Denmark), prepare Use-Case & design documentations, organize technical discussions, and actively coordinate client demonstrations.
· Lead teams in the design of new applications in Power Energy Systems, configuration of system upgrades and development of new programming tools.
· Manage deployment and support of internal infrastructure system ensuring that periodic tasks are completed by each team member.
· Create business processes, best practices, standards, templates and operating procedures to optimize IT project development.
· Assign schedules, coordinate staff and allocate resources to ensure efficiency and productivity are maximized.
· Develop metrics to test and monitor applications, ensuring consistent improvement.
· Collaborate with system architects, software engineers and IT management to ensure projects meet strategic initiatives.
· Research, analyze and recommend implementation of new technologies or systems hardware
Apart from being a team leader, I was actively involved in recruitment process and mentoring of trainees.Show More Show Less
Aim of the Project: ‘GTPS-Authentication for money transaction and security alarms’ for Mastercard in WIPRO.
Role & Responsibilities: Senior Software Engineer
Involves analysis and preparation of elaborate design documents, SDLC, organization of Table reviews, Prepare high/low level design document, development, review and testing.Show More Show Less
Aim of the Project: The Project ‘EMS2010-DCMAP’ in the Embedded domain with Renault Nissan client in WIPRO, involved development and testing of Software and Hardware for various modules of the EMS (Engine Management System)– 2010 being used for Diesel and Gasoline engines.
Role & Responsibilities: Software Engineer
Create and analyze the Matlab model for maximum optimal solution, and acquire the approval for the new model with the client, Code development, Review and testing. Actively involved in review process, discussions and mentoring of new joiners.Show More Show Less