Now you can Instantly Chat with Kush!
- More than 11 years of hands-on experience in Web Application Development with focus on building scalable and reusable applications.
- Over 6 years of experience leading and mentoring entry-level and mid-senior level team members, g...
- Ability to adapt and deliver in fast paced environment and always looking to identify and bridge gaps in existing systems.
- Sound technical expertise in development languages and databases – Spring, Struts, Java 1.6 and 1.8, Oracle 11g, Spring Data, Hibernate, Toad, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Ant, Perl, Maven and AWS S3, EC2.
- Adept in complete SDLC from requirement analysis to system study, designing, testing, debugging, documentation and implementation.
- Well versed with Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach to meet today’s rapidly changing marketplace needs.
- Comfortable working in Agile methodology and well versed with using JIRA and Confluence.
- Worked with version management and CI/CD tools like Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, VSS and Clear Case.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to resolve complex software issues.
The project is to build a web application that can help sales team to create and manage portfolios from funds, ETFs, SMAs etc. to be able to sell the portfolios to potential clients. The app can suggest a better portfolio by comparing the portfolio’s historical risks, returns, stats etc. and help sales personnel with the information needed to present a more appropriate portfolio as per its objective. The tool can also print all the investment materials on the go.
- My role within the project is to design and build scalable and secure RESTful services to expose portfolios data, architect overall persistence layer to host the data, devise batch data load strategies and interface with architects and ensure the design meets the application’s present and future state.
- Additional role is to secure the RESTful services. We used Okta for Single Sign on and to secure the services, AWS S3 to store PDFs.
The project was to identify book of records within the organization for maintaining portfolios, publishing the data to downstream systems (batch) and exposing the data via RESTful services (real-time).
- My role within the project was to design and build scalable RESTful services to expose portfolios data. However, I also took over the role of a technical lead and contributed towards designing the data model for portfolios.
The project was to optimize and enhance a set of batch jobs that were responsible for publishing client account statements on the US and Emerging markets websites.
- This project was proposed and architected by me – I was able to identify the existing set of batch jobs’ unnecessary and complex design that was resulting in extremely time-taking and error-prone publishing process.
- Successfully identified areas that were obsolete and designed a simpler workflow.
- Reduced time that one client statement used to take to be published by 80%.
- Implemented a monitoring system that sends alerts upon failure. Additionally, the system was built intelligent enough to identify the cause of the failures and send appropriate suggested actions.
The project was to migrate the Emerging Markets websites from Documentum to AEM, build an automated NAV publishing system for Japan and Australia and upgrading the batch systems that were dependent on Documentum.
- Successfully automated NAV pricing process using Perl and Spring REST along with Autosys framework.
- Successfully incorporated AEM pages instead of Documentum pages using JSTL and Apache Web Server dispatcher module.
The project was to undertake maintenance and production support for US and Emerging Markets websites. The websites at the time were built atop Struts and JSTL frameworks.
- I worked on the project initially from Pune, India, where my primary role was to ensure defect-free and timely delivery of the maintenance requests.
- I took additional responsibility of a team lead and BSA after I moved to Irvine, CA.
The project was to build a web-based application that could capture the HR-related processes of employees of the Government of Gujarat. The primary framework used was J2EE and JSTL.
- My role was to build a set of back-end services using java reflection APIs that can be reused by other back-end services to enable faster development and testing.